Common Sense Media – Internships (unpaid)
Common Sense Media (www.commonsense.org) is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
Summer and Year-Round Interns
We are excited to announce our 2014 summer and full-year internship program. This is your chance to be part of a mission-driven nonprofit with fun, collaborative, innovative people. We are seeking bright, socially able self-starters with a passion for our mission. Interns will work within one of the following departments in any of these capacities or related ones:
- Communications: Track press hits, work on social media, event planning, write recap reports, research for special projects.
- Marketing: Various projects that help raise brand awareness, deepen engagement on the site, and grow our user base.
- Policy (Washington, D.C., based): Research state and federal policy issues related to kids, media, and education. Track legislation in Washington, D.C., and state capitals.
- Education: Help create innovative online materials for school and after-school programs related to digital citizenship, digital literacy, and 1-to-1 laptop programs.
- Editorial: Find and test great media for review, write reviews, organize and maintain databases, support department with administrative tasks.
- Product Development: Research new consumer product trends, report Google analytics, conduct competitive analyses.
- Development: Maintain donor databases, research individual donor and philanthropic opportunities, conduct grant research.
- Business Development: Research potential business/partnership opportunities, create presentations for meetings with partners, help track and log current partnership content integrations.
- We offer summer internships (June through end of August) and rolling (year-round).
- Internships run for at least two months.
- Interns should be available at least 20 hours per week.
- Remote internships may be possible depending your situation.
- You must be at least a freshman in college to apply.
We are committed to make internships as fulfilling as possible – tailored to help you grow as a professional. You will go through an orientation, be mentored by throughout your internship, and will attend weekly educational presentations led by seasoned staff members.
Common Sense Media values diversity in the workforce and honors it in the workspace.
How to Apply
Please forward your resumé and cover letter as MS Word attachments to email@example.com. The word "internship" should be in the subject line. Also include the department you are most interested in interning for and the start and end dates that you hope for. NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, RECRUITERS, OR DROP-INS, PLEASE.