Parent reviews for Kodable

Kodable Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Complicates things by a lot.

I'm not a big fan of Disney, but Disney's Coding Adventure *BOOKS* are much easier for my kids to follow than Kodable. The thing is, interactive tools are *supposed* to be way superior to paper books when it comes to coding because you can actually try things out. Kodable just isn't a thoughtfully designed tool. It feels almost like they made the thing in a rush with just the curriculum to appeal to clueless schools and parents. I code and I taught Math, in case you want to know. Also, what's with the low-budget explanation videos that can't be fast-forwarded? Youtuber kids do a better job. I'm sure there are better alternatives but Kodable has a contract with our school district--I'm just not actively looking.

Kodable free levels are good starter for toddlers.

My daughter just turned 4 and was able to complete the sequence, conditional and loop parts of the Kodable. Was easy enough to learn with parental hints and has a decent replay value. However, free lessons can be completed about two days before having to purchase the rest of the content. In the free version, after completing conditionals and loops, children are then learning string and number literals, which may be too early a concept for a 4 year old.