Parent reviews for Monument Valley

Monument Valley Poster Image

An amazing game - with wonderful story and visual

A puzzle game that comes with a touching story and excellent design.

Magnificent think outside the square puzzle

I love this game! The images are amazing, a true joy to watch unfold with an Escheresque style that totally captured me. It's a wonderful break from reality where your mind can relax and unwind to possibility. I have watched my son play also, he is 4, he is very calm and patient whilst playing, enjoying the challenge and relishing his success. The last puzzle proved quite tricky for him, but the rest he was able to solve. I think the reason he was able to play so easily is because his mind isn't as restricted as an adults.

The right kind of challenge and mystery

The visuals and sounds of this game alone are intriguing. The challenges are hard enough to keep an adult engaged and also simple enough for a four year-old to be engaged without becoming frustrated or consistently seeking help from adults. In other words, it encourages independent problem solving. Characters do not lose life, do not talk, and are not violent or sassy yet, they convey sweet and collaborative relationships with other characters in the game. The game continues right where you left off without having to save or progress any further making play/kid detachment much easier.

Fun for Me; Good for 5-Year Old

Visually engaging and pleasant game for an adult. No disturbing or adult themes. My 5-year old enjoys it as well but requires a lot of coaching.

Great for problem solving skills and spatial awareness

My 3 and a half year old daughter loves this game. She sits with the tablet everyday now solving the problems and i love it when she comes running over excited to show me once shes finished each level. I would highly recommend this for kids development.