Kid reviews for Pandora - Free Music & Radio

Pandora  - Free Music & Radio Poster Image

Amazing

Pandora is an awesome app that can help you find your next favorite song. I would say that if the child can be trusted to only listen to appropriate music, let them use it.

Best Radio App I've Used

Out of every radio app I've used, Pandora is by far the best. Nothing on here is any more inappropriate than it would be on a normal radio station. If you create a station for an artist that sings about explicit topics, you'll hear explicit songs. There is a potential for someone to access explicit songs, but you have a high level of control over what you hear.

LOVE

LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! Some songs are cussy or "dirty". You know ads can be scary. And yes it repeats and u can tell it when your tired w a song. LOVE

Great app,

Great app, but be mature about which stations you or your kids listen to. Pandora allows explicit music so, as I said, be careful. Anyway, this is one of my favorite apps but requires mature kids.

Explicit songs can come up, when I listen I sometimes hear words by accident.

I think this is a great app to listen to music. It works over WiFi connections. Sometimes explicit songs come up, but I always skip those. Radios like Katy Perry and Rihanna are probably more explicit because Katy Perry and Rihanna are sometimes explicit artists. You should chose stations that ARE okay for kids. Artists that aren't usually explicit. I like how you can skip a song, but you can only do that a limited amount of times. So when your child listens to this you should probably monitor them. Hope this helps!

Great app, but watch your phone bill and song lyrics.

I love this app because I can listen to new and old popular songs without paying $1 per song. However I NEED to point out that while the app is free, the streaming of all these songs through 3G coverage is not. To buy these songs on iTunes, the files would be about 5 megabytes or more per song. If you are not a subscriber to Pandora (like I am) and are running through your 3G coverage, I think the songs come out at 3 megabytes or so. It's annoying because I skip a lot of songs sometimes due to either iffy lyrics or the fact that I don't really care for the song. It has to stream about half of the megabytes to start the song and continues as you're listening and skipping songs frequently can get you close the limit of your 3G data coverage if you're not careful. Also, I haven't found a setting that skips all "Explicit" marked songs. I don't find language a huge problem due to the fact that I hear f-words frequently at high school, but for younger teens, I'd be careful about what artists or songs you base your stations on. Luckily, the song's album title will include "(Explicit)" if the album the song is in has explicit lyrics. I hope this review was helpful and happy listening!

Pandora Radio

great,but try to avoid some inappropriate stations and mostly for 10 + like today's hits but, also listen to stations before kids do

Ok app (3.5/4 stars); some iffy songs

This is a nice app version of the website. I like how it picks songs for you based on your genre interest, but (like the radio) I don't like how you can't skip some songs (sometimes you can, but you can only skip songs a certain number of times). Depending on what song you're listening to, it could be appropriate/innapropriate.