Stay connected to Common Sense
Get the latest in kids’ media, tech, and news right to your inbox
5 Things You Need to Know This Week: Disney's Merida, Angry Birds Movie, Google Music, and More
This week, we questioned Disney's princess criteria, looked ahead at a major app's move to the big screen, considered what summer camp means for kids in the digital age, and collectively raised our eyebrows at a new diaper app (yes, you read that right).
- Our parenting expert offers advice around Disney's controversial makeover of Brave's tomboy princess, Merida.
- Angry Birds are hurtling to a theater near you (eventually). The mega-popular app's big-screen treatment is set for July 2016.
- Digital parenting overload? TweetPee, an app by Huggies and Twitter, alerts parents -- by tweet of course -- when their baby needs a diaper change.
- Music to our ears: Google's getting into the music streaming subscription business; we surfaced kids' albums that don't drive us nuts.
- Free stuff! Win a copy of Ray Bradbury's dystopian sci-fi classic Fahrenheit 451, and kick start a summer reading club.