Stay connected to Common Sense
Get the latest in kids’ media, tech, and news right to your inbox
5 Things You Need to Know This Week: Facebook Graph, CNN BuzzFeed, Snapchat, Fat Talk, and More
We've been heavy on the tech talk this week, as news arose of a notable video partnership, an online well of NSFW Snapchat photos surfaced, and we shared tips about Facebook Graph. We also talked about an emerging hashtag trend, the Amazon TV pilot winners, and what to do if a kid unknowingly downloads a dirty song.
- Facebook users big and small, the new Graph Search will affect us all. Here are 6 things you need to know.
- CNN partnered with BuzzFeed to launch a YouTube channel focused on serious news in a "mash-up video format."
- Remember the problems with Snapchat? This next link contains potentially inappropriate images -- but, that said -- is an easily accessed online repository of leaked Snapchat screenshots. More reason to make sure kids don't snap and send!
- Now that #FatTalk has its own hash tag, it's hard to ignore the prevalence of kids' preoccupation with weight and body image. Even The Today Show chimed in.
- Worried about your kid downloading music with dirty lyrics? You're not the only one. But hey, check out this Daft Punk-meets-Soul Train video for a family-friendly dance party!