Sending an email to a teacher isn't like emailing a friend. Here are some important dos and don'ts. (Learn more manners for the digital age.)
- Use a proper salutation, correct grammar, and full sentences.
- Clearly state the purpose of the email (didn't understand the homework, forgot the field trip form, etc.).
- Save problems, complaints, and other issues for face-to-face discussion -- that avoids a lot of drama
- Be rude
- Overuse emoticons
- Attach long, elaborate email signatures with images, song quotes, etc.
- Click "reply all" and send superfluous messages to everybody in the class or community
More Back-to-School Questions Asked and Answered