Kid reviews for Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe Poster Image

This should be on your reading list

This book was incredible. It was great, especially for this day and age. Seeing as it was added to my summer reading list the public school system seems to think it's okay. I really enjoyed this because I know a lot of people who are trying to come to terms with their own sexuality and this book helped them a lot when I recommended it to them. So yes, 10/10, highly recommend.

It was- interesting

I honestly didn't... love it? It was good. The concept was good. But the writing was irritating and a bit too touchy feely for me to get through without rolling my eyes. It wasn't- bad exactly? But it was strange. Also there's some swearing and other inappropriate stuff but it's not that bad.

There aren't any acceptable words to describable how amazing this book is. . .

This book took my breath away. I mean, at some points in the book i was laughing, then at others crying. This book is written in such a way you truly connect with the two main characters, Aristotle and Dante , without even realizing it. The setting is 1987 in El Paso, Texas and as the story moves along, it ends in 1989. Both characters use superabundant vocabularies when they talk and think, which will expand your vocabulary as well! The main characters are amazing role models, as well as the side characters and the parents of both of the boys. I feel in love with this magnificent coming of age story about as soon as it ended. Easily one of my most treasured novels that everyone should have on their shelf!

One of The Best Books I've Ever Read~ An Eye-Opening Experience of a Novel

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe is a fantastic story. I have to admit that I was a little wary after reading the title, but in the end, I was so in love with this story that I read it in just one day! The title of the novel seems to suggest an adventure/treasure hunting theme to the novel, but readers will agree that this book is anything but. Filled with poetry written by the famous poet, and author of this wonderful story, Benjamin Alire Sáenz. This novel is a Coming Of Age story like no other and is one of my favourite books of all time (and I've read a lot of books). Despite the great messages that this novel undoubtedly conveys, there are a few things that parents might want to watch out for: *Violence against a homosexual teen *One of the characters enjoys fights and gets into them quite frequently *Kissing- both heterosexual and homosexual *Cursing *Teen Drinking (not exactly responsibly, but characters parents provide meaningful insight on the issue) All in all an absolute extraordinary novel that makes me think to this day. All teens, espeacily those who don't quite know who they are yet, should read this novel. A great literary experience!! -Lauren :)

It's an amazing book with lots of touching moments!

This book had a lot of sweet moments and talked about the real world. The love between the boys started in small steps, like real love. Ari realized his love for Dante towards the end of the book. You learn that Ari struggles to accept his sexuality when he realizes he loves Dante. This book is definitely for ages 13 and up. I think 12-year-olds could read it but it all depends. It contains things that aren't suitable for younger kids (alcohol, cussing, kissing, etc.)