All teen and kid member reviews for Artemis Fowl Book 4: The Opal Deception

Teen, 13 years old Written byLaynieSkywalker March 20, 2011

e.g. some readers will love but not all

Opal deception may be violent at some points but not all. Holly and Artemis have to work together even if they're Archenemies. Opal is after her enemy Artemis Fowl and Holly Short tries to save him but she herself gets stuck with Artemis and Mulch Diggums. Its a race to stay alive and to keep away from Opal and her little helpers

Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

a relief

this book was such a relief. it had seemed like artemis fowl would end as a trilogy, and the end of book three made everything that had happened until then seem utterly pointless. i kinda liked that arty was off balance most of the book- it made him more human, and he had to come up with things on the spur of the moment. he also develops a surprising sense of humor (always a plus). all in all, a great book. the only thing is, when he's coming up with and even implementing his secret plans, you don't know any more about them than the villains. it can really be kind of irritating.

Kid, 11 years old Written byyayyayyay April 9, 2008

awesome

it's longer, more action action-packed(yay) than it's awesome sequals! a must read

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 7, 2009

Not the best.

While still very good, I must say that it is not as good as the others. I was sad when Julius Root died. I hate Opal. Artemis looked too weak in this book.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 23, 2010

..................................

Please don't call this series "fun". It's epic.

Teen, 13 years old Written byeowyn April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old Written byP.R.O.X.Y. May 13, 2010

Well... kinda confused, here.

At times, Artemis is good, but he IS a master criminal... so i'm not sure what to mark! =-P

Teen, 16 years old Written byhalo 6 July 18, 2010

a good read for all ages

a great read!

Teen, 14 years old Written byqueezle_djinni_lover April 9, 2008

Best yet of the Artemis Fowl series, a must read for Arty and Holly lovers!

This is a brilliant book, really! Colfer's best one yet! It's very in-depth, action-packed, and all the other hyphenated words I can think of.. forty-two? lol. Just kidding.
I did find a few parts to my dislike, the Julius Root incident, for one, and the troll scene was icky. I don't like trolls. But other than that, I like the book. The audio book is even better, I might add.
I am also glad that chocolate truffles played a major role in The Opal Deception. lol.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMaribel April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old Written bywoodsl15 April 9, 2008

Artemis Fowl-A must reader[so is pendagon]

Did you actully think a mind wipe was the end of Artemis Fowl? Well, your wrong! What will happen to Artemis? Will he get his memories back?Find out!

Kid, 11 years old Written bylokman1996 April 9, 2008

Must Read Book!!!

Its awsome. read it and you'll want to do it again.

Kid, 11 years old Written byHinataHyuuga April 9, 2008

This is a book I must say!!!

Well this dosen't reach to my love of books since I love big books like the lightning theif and Eragon, and Eldest.
Anyway it is good since it reached up to 4 stars!! Annyways I actually got into the book which I don't usaully do so I like it!! I kinda picked the wrong book since I haven't read the first.

The part about Julius Root was kinda wierd but very sad to the Artemis Fowl fans.

Kid, 12 years old Written byTurk55 April 9, 2008

The series has renewd its greatness.

I must say, getting hooked on this was no harder then getting hooked on the other Artemis Fowl books. Opal Koboi's return started the come back of this series. As a bonus, another rollercoaster plot with suprising twists awaits fans of the series. I tip my hat to the author for such plot-making talent.

Teen, 17 years old Written byArtemisFreak April 9, 2008

Criminally Good!

This book really is brilliant. The mixture of humour, action, intelligence, excitement, and the sheer need to know what happens next combine to make a great book!

I cant wait for the next in the series.

For anyone else that enjoyed this book, I suggest you check out http://www.fangathering.com. It is a fantastic Artemis fansite, with info, news about the movie, games, fanart, forums etc. for Artemis fans!

Kid, 12 years old Written byneointhesky April 9, 2008

Best Ever!

I couldn't put it down! An imaginative plot swirled with beautifully made charachters makes it enjoyable.Artemis, Holly, Butler, and Mulch reached a new high in this addicting read.

Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvKH April 9, 2008

One of my favourite series.

This book is really good, funny, exciting, and smart. Very compelling story.

Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

The best of the whole series!

Teen, 14 years old Written bythecatempire April 9, 2008

This is the only science fic i enjoy reading

I LOVE THESE BOOKS! i have read every one in the series and can't wait for the last one. I find the idea of a 14 Irish genius boy who has defeated the Russian Mafia (only one of his many enterprises) but still has social issues hilarious and entertaining. The plot is catchy and most of my friends liked it as well.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCasper April 9, 2008

Yay! Another success!

I've been following this series as it has evolved and must admit, even though it is not a great series, this particular book in it I have found great.
It was a little past-paced, yes.
More violent and grim than the others, yes.
The plot is twisted and smart, yes!
What happened to Root was, I admit, a fantastic turn for the series. I know, it was depressing, but it helped the series a lot.
Apart from that, I have always found this series hilarious and possibly always will.
The witty sense of Foaly's humor will keep you smiling and laughing. Some of the humorous phrases in this book will keep you content and not grim during the whole time.
Recommended for most ages, just not anyone under ten.