All parent member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Parent of a 11 year old Written byZenon Dextria July 25, 2010

It was not too long if you like the saga. The birth sceene was pretty scary, but words don't scare as much as actual pictures,and Ithink of violence as battles and fighting. I liked Book Three best, though Book two was also good. The ending does sort of leae you hanging, but you could imagine what happens next, I guess.

Adult Written byreviewerrr28 April 26, 2010

Great Book!

okay, everyone saying the sex parts are horrible...they really arent.its sex after marriage, and there arent ANY details.it just says that shes scratched and bruised (because he IS a vampire...) the birth part is...ehh, its not the goriest thing ive ever read, but its certainly not for anyone that could be younger than ten, or immature (not saying all ten year olds are immature) so most kids over ten or twelve should probably be able to read this.and the consumerism...really isnt that much of an issue, in my opinion.they have nice cars, woohoo. huge fan of the book, cant wait til the movie comes outt! :)

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bybab202 April 8, 2010

i love it a lot i never like romance movie i loved scary movie but when i watched the first twilight movie i loved it i watched it over n over till i went to go buy new moon

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byREarly March 2, 2010

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bylangell@charter.net February 11, 2010

Not worth the read.

Not appropriate for anyone under 18.

Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byNerdy_Mamma January 3, 2010

Parent Written bymel342 December 31, 2009

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I liked the whole series but i'd say they are for more mature kids at least 14; I wouldn't want my 11 year old sister reading it just yet.

Adult Written bysoccermom787 December 7, 2009

perfect for 7th grade and up

Its definitly worth reading

Parent of a 12 year old Written byskittle97106 December 3, 2009

i am a tween it is ok

i love this book and if they took out the marrige the sex and the baby there would be nothing at all that is the whole book if parents don't like it don;t let tyour kids watch it duh

Parent of a 4 year old Written bysquareybee December 1, 2009

Great book- for older teens

I love it, but the sex scences are all the way though- at one point bella asks why they can't just have sex constantly- they don't get tired. There are inuendos all the way through the book and can be quite violont. NOT suitable for under 14s

Parent of a 12 year old Written bysexyvampire November 26, 2009

parents need to get over it!!!!

I am 12 and i am on the 4th book but i think it is nesasary because if you took the marrige, sex, or pregnatcy you wouldnt have Breaking Dawn. So I think that pARENTS SHOULD GET OVER IT BECAUSE IT IS VERY STUPID TO ACT THAT WAY BECAUSE OF A BOOK!!!!

Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byCV_Airwin November 13, 2009

Apart from the lousy way it's written, I was SHOCKED at what goes on in the book. Having read the 3 previous books (also not very impressive) this last installment in particular is more appropriate for adutlts!

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bywrformica November 6, 2009

Kid review

I love this book!!!!!!! I read it when i was 10. I am eleven and it was great. There were a couple not to goos things. There were sweres such as S**t and D**n. Bella dosen't listen to wat will save her life

Parent of a 4, 11, and 14 year old Written byLoving November 1, 2009

Breaking Dawn- Good book, but only for teens

I think, like most parents, that it's not appropriate for kids or tweens. If your child reads this book, I recommend asking if any part is disturbing to them. Talking to them about issues such as violence and sex is a good idea.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bymoonstark October 24, 2009

good reading for mothers/daughters

I loved the series myself and have enjoyed reading them along with both my daughters (one adult and the other a teen). I would not recommend it for any child under 12 and would suggest it be read by parents first. I didn't have any major issues with any of the series. I believe parents need to determine if their child has a clear understand of the difference between fantasy and reality and then make their decision

Parent of a 7, 10, 11, 13, and 15 year old Written byLisa mom to 5 October 23, 2009

great read... for adults.

I liked this book but it was too mature for my 13 yr old. Sadly she read it several times before me.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bykutie.sweetie September 26, 2009

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bygabajoran September 2, 2009

A good story!

I read reviews for the Twilight saga before I ever read the books. To be honest, I was more bothered by the passion portrayed in Twilight than by the honeymoon description in Breaking Dawn. Being so wrapped up in a boy isn't healthy. I have fewer problems when the whole series is considered. Edward isn't after Bella the way some boys would be. HE wants to wait for marriage and Bella ultimately agrees. Bella doesn't "want" to be the girl who marries right after high school. Her circumstances sort of dictate it, though. Edward is unnaturally attentive (creepily so, in Twilight) but considering he's both a vampire and can usually know a person's thoughts it sort of makes sense. Which somehow makes it less disturbing. He does try to control her but it is to keep her safe and he does eventually back off some.

I opted to let my 11 year old read it because A) many girls she knows have and B) she can check it out at school, keep it in her backpack and I'd never know. This way, I'm aware of it and we can talk about it. I've stressed the relationships in the book between the other characters--not just Bella and Edward. There's lots of different kinds of love in the books. Alice loves her "brother" Edward, Jasper AND Bella, Edward's parents love him. Bella loves her parents. Those relationships are worth noting. The idea of waiting to have sex until after marriage and with someone you love and plan to stay with is an idea worth promoting. Bella may be helpless but she is brave and at least tries to take control. I actually appreciate that in the end it's Bella's talent that saves them all. For teen girls that's a good message--even though most girls do want to be cared for the way Edward cares for Bella. The story itself is compelling if not necessarily a classic. Overall this book is one I decided she could read now. Harry Potter it's not, but it is a good story. Stephenie Meyer has a gift for telling a story.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bygrapesodaa July 7, 2009

As long as it's not taken too seriously...

I feel this series explores an unhealthy relationship. Bella becomes so dependent on Edward and can be describes as an anti-feminist character who does nothing for her self. Edward is controlling and abusive towards Bella. Remind your children (especially daughters) that being treated like that is not acceptable.

Parent of a 11 and 19 year old Written byrainydayqueen June 19, 2009

SUCKED!!!! DISCRACE TO ALL VAMPIRE STORIES!!!!

This book is SO inapropriate.The birthing of Renessmee was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too discriptive and Jacob is perverted, he "imprinted" on a baby, and still tried to date Isabella even after she was married.