Kid reviews for Daughter of the Deep

Daughter of the Deep Poster Image

Based on 1 review

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. let's just start by saying that I LOVE most every Rick Riordan book.. until now. THIS BOOK GOT RECORD LOW- LIKE WORST BOOK EVER. I'm sorry but this book is horrible. Parent review: Not much in the violence section BUT there is something worth mentioning: There is a scene in which our main character is passing through her period (in the first 10 pages) and it describes the pain when she uses the gauze and Her friend help her through menustrual cramps. (like, seriously Riordan?)

1 person found this helpful.

Great!

It was great!

Some of Riordans best

Just great! Suspense! Betrayal! Seacrets!

Great Story

I really enjoyed the plot and enjoyed reading about such unique characters. I loved reading about the Nautilis and all the other references to Captain Nemo’s story.

Perfect for those who love adventure

I think this is really great read for anyone who likes adventure. There is great diversity in the characters, The main character is Bundeli Indian. She struggles with the loss of her parents. I think that the messages in it are fantastic. Ana has to work through the challenges in her life to save the world. Towards the end of the book, her brother struggles with the choices he's made and Ana has to figure out if or how she's going to forgive him. I think older elementary students as well as middle schoolers could read and enjoy this book. There is a bit of excitement but it's not scary.

Recommend for anyone who can read

I honestly recommend this book for anyone who can read. It’s such a thrill and suitable for all ages, the plot twist is deep and relatable, honestly one of my favourite Rick Riordan books, 10000000/10 would recommend

daughter of the deep

I read this book for school (not with school) I loved it. My mom read it to so she can help me she loved it to.

It was so boring I couldn't even finish it.

Pro's: - the main character is Indian, which is different and interesting. - The setting is interesting - good figurative language Con's: - anti-climatic - sentence structure is bad - Dialogue is unrealistic and unnecessary - Feels like it was written in a rush (the introduction to the characters/ exposition was bad, not enough thought given to word choices and the series of events/ plot) Overall, this was not one of Rick Riordan's better books. I didn't finish it, so it might have gotten better further into the book.

Pretty good

This book is a easy, pretty good, read. The book, at times, can get a little bit boring, but then it picks up and ends off well. Even though this book isn't completely amazing, I would still recommend getting it if you like Rick Riordan.