Kid reviews for Echo

Echo Poster Image

Another Wonderful Story

I love the books I've read by Pam Munoz Ryan, and "Echo" is another great story. Both my mom and I read this book independently, and both loved it. It is about the journey of one harmonica, traveling from one child to the next. Each child has their own story, and each story is unique and hard to stop reading. "Echo" is a novel about music, with some historical fiction and fantasy twisted in. I'd recommend this for kids in 6th grade and up.

1 person found this helpful.
Out of every book I have ever read. This is in the top three of the worst. I am not picky about books but this one was just bad. Half the time I was reading I had no idea what was going on, and some things were never explained.

Great writing

Great storytelling really easy to understand whats going on, made me cry to be honest, good meaning and great writing. 11/12

Perfect For Kids Who Like History

This book was Great. It's about 3 different kids In different parts of the world during World War 2 .Fredrich in Germany ,Mike in Pennsylvania and Ivy in California. I think it should be for ages 10 + because there are a few deaths some peril and it takes place during a war.most kids ages 10 + will know about stuff like ,The bombing at pearl harbor. Overall I recommend this book.

Whenever I read it, I read start to finish in less than a day

I just can never put it down.

OMG THE BEST

the best book ever but its kinda sad about that german kid's face

Echo review

It's a really good book which gives you a taste of life during the holoucast and war. I like the link to music in this book because it strings all the characters together. When I only saw the cover online I didn't expect it to be a long and thick as it was when I got it from the library. The only bad part of the book was some parts could get boring but after working through a few pages you could reengage and begin to enjoy it again. The cliff hangers at the end of each part left you wanting to read through the others so that by the end you could discover how there journies ended. 4/5 from me.

Read it when I was really young and LOVED it

I read this when I was 8 and I didn’t have any problem understanding it and it had an awesome plot, good characters, and it was set in a time that complimented the stories

A masterpeice

Echo is a beautifully crafted novel that you will adore entwined into a perfect orchestra of a story.

MUSICAL MAGIC

It was an amazing story about these kids who had to struggle through hardships with the help of music. It was beautiful and had many good morals. Echo shows that kids are powerful and the kids in the book were very responsible.