All member reviews for Fahrenheit 451

Classic, still-powerful story of futuristic censorship.

Kid, 11 years old Written bypaige1 April 22, 2012

bradbury

great story with ideas and morals for independent thinking, A little bit of sexual content makes me uncomfortable letting my 11 year old read it. Probably ok when she is 15 or 16.

Kid, 11 years old Written byYellowDC April 30, 2012

Great book! Perfect for clubs...

I love this book. I would discuss it with a family member while reading it if you are under 11 or 12. A great book for book clubs or discussion groups.

Teen, 15 years old Written byscot451 March 13, 2013

The most amazing book I've ever read.

This was amazing, the best book I've ever read. I went into this book assuming that it would drag, or that I'd be incredibly bored. I was completely wrong. The commentary in this book is astounding, playing off of societies disturbing addiction to the media and television, the blatant disregard for reality and real ramifications, how social norms become dangerous, the list goes on.Each character is unique, all having complex inner workings and rich development. I recommend this book to everyone, and I cannot stress how much it made me rethink literature, I love this book so much.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybel8910 July 23, 2013

Loved It!

I absolutely loved this book. It's an interesting science fiction book on television making people give up books, and end up trying to burn them all. It's a great book, that lots of people should read.

Educator and Parent Written byGood2learn January 3, 2014

Fahrenheit 451 Provokes Deeper Thinking

Fahrenheit 451 is a thought-provoking satire on the dangers of not thinking for oneself, and it gets one considering about the society that could result if we do not stand up for what is right and good. The color imagery and biblical allusions are intriguing and will provoke conversations. I reread this novel every year and discover new meanings each time. Ray Bradbury was a gifted writer and admirable man.