Kid reviews for Family of Liars

Family of Liars cover

Based on 1 review

Great prequel!

Amazing prequel to we were liars! Provides great insight in to Carrie’s mothers/ aunts generation and dives deeper into the Sinclair family history. I would recommend that you still read we were liars first and then read family of liars (because the beginning of family of liars does spoil some of we were liars).

Bad Messages, Okay Suspense

Hmm... I'm not too sure about this book... Things to keep in mind are: underage drinking (encouraged), gay characters (two), murder (covered up), lying (celebrated), cheating (Pfeff kisses the main character's sister and more), sex (hinted at multiple times), and ghosts, if you don't want your kids reading about ghosts. I liked the ghosts. Anyway. Oh and swearing. A fair bit. I liked the thread of the story, a lot of twists, but the ideas? I feel like they were definitley promoting a lifestyle/choices that I personally am not comfortable with. Something that really didn't sit well was the murder. She expresses regret, saying that 'Although he was bad, he was human and didn't deserve for his life to be ended.' But she NEVER TELLS ANYONE, thinking it's best if she sweeps it under the rug. I think it was meant for older readers then me anyway, haha.