Parent and Kid Reviews on

Goodbye Stranger Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 12 kid reviews

Sort by:

THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ!!

SO GOOOOOOOD

IDK

the book is kinda boring

Book Review

I read this book because of the author, Rebecca Stead, who wrote the Newbery Medal story "When You Reach Me", which I really enjoyed. But, to be honest, this book was a little disappointing. I feel like the plotline was kind of flat and not really that interesting and the characters weren't as enjoyable. Also I didn't really get the moral of the story that well.

Interesting but yet boring.

Strong messages/role models still leads to a boring book! 100 pages in the book I did not finish it; too boring.

i loved it

Great Book

This is a really good book about social media and middle school drama. but, there is cursing and sex talk, so just be aware of that when reading it.

Quite Mature

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was great. I read it a year ago (when I was 11) and it was good, but some things went over my head, so it's probably better for 12 and up. There wasn't anything overly sexy, but there were some suggestive photos being sent. I think this is a great book for 12+.

Mature content, great book

This has a tiny bit of language, and, I will admit, a lot of crushes and very little sexual content, but I think an 11 year old could probably handle it. It’s a great book if you have read other Rebecca Stead novels.

Very good romance

This book is a good romance for kids wanting to get into that stuff. There is some detail that makes the book a little confusing, but it's mostly about 7th grade girls, one who has a boyfriend, and then there is some cyberbullying. I think a lot of girls would like it.

This book is an adorable version of the hectic middle schooler's life, such as the challenges of friends, crushes, home life, etc. It raises awareness on how large some problems in early life can be, but with age, those problems can resolve themselves and seem of little importance.