Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Harry Potter, Book 7

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Poster Image

It is FINE for nine or ten year olds

My ten-year-old cousin's mom won't let her read this book after letting her read all the other books in the series and I think that is ridiculous! This book is FINE for nine year olds and above. I read it when I was eight and though that was maybe a little too early, I re-read it when I was ten and understood so much more of it. There is death, so some parents might be concerned about that, but there is death in all of the other books too! This is a great book! LET YOUR TEN-YEAR-OLD KID READ IT.

Good book.

First off I’m going to copy and paste something someone else said “ First off, I need to say something to CSM: YOU ARE BEING OVERPROTECTIVE OF KIDS AND TEENS. STOP UNDERESTIMATING OUR EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL MATURITY. IT GETS SICKENING AT TIMES. Second, really CSM, on for 12 AND UP? I read the Deathly Hallows just after I turned nine. I would have read it early, but I wasn't done with the rest of the series. And yes, there are deaths, but that's real life. What are kids going to think if/when a pet or family member dies if you've protected them so much they think the world is fluff and no one dies? And yeah, there's some flirtation and kissing, but nothing more than the typical iCarly episode (you rated it 8+) or Percy Jackson book (rated 9+). And by the time they are 7 or 8, they should have an allowance or be able to make their own money. So video games, no problem! Harry is a self sacrificing, quick individual. Hermione is bookish and clever. Mrs. Weasley is a caring mother. Not too much educational value, but you could come across a new word or two, and it may inspire reluctant readers to give it a chance, considering it is well written and has 749 pages. Give it a chance, parents! Don't under estimate your kids.” I agree with this person in many ways. Yes, death is a real thing that kids need to know, and I think 6 or 7 is a great age for that, but that’s not all what this book is about. It’s a emotional story that some kids may not be able to understand. This is a story about harry getting older, his pain that 100s of people are risking there life’s for 1. That his friends die and family died.
1 person found this helpful.

Overrated can not begin to describe this.

The characters suck. The story is awful. This is not a good conclusion to Harry Potter. Harry Potter is pretty overrated in general. A few of the books were good but a lot of them suck, so stop treating it like it's the best book series ever. I guess the action is kind of cool, but the first half of the book is so boring. The only reason I finished this book was because I needed to for a school project. Don't read this book. It's just a waste of time.

PATHETIC

Every Harry Potter book is pathetic and so annoying.

not rated for age

Terrible

THIS is how it ends? I thought we could have a little more creative ending, maybe.

BEST BOOK EVER!

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! It's a bit more violent than the others but still not too bad. characters do kiss, but it isn't that bad. mild language is used. READ THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you go wrong with Harry Potter

I would say 13 plus because I think to fully fully understand and comprehend the novel you need to be a little older. I read it when I was 12 and liked it but didn’t really get it, after going back and reading it more recently I was able to understand and appreciate the content more.

So Good!!

This is the best book ever!! Yes, a character dies, but that's life and kids are too overprotected these days. I like the self-sacrifice theme throughout the books, and how bold they are in the face of unjustice and persecution. It is a kind of Christian allegory. Definitely read this book! (And all the other Harry Potter books too) :)