Parent reviews for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Harry Potter, Book 4

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Harry Potter, Book 4 Poster Image

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for kids under 10

My 8 year old has gotten me into this series and i absoulutely love it - but not as much as she does. Fortunately or unfortunately she read the whole series before I finished #3. According to her that is good because I never would have let her read 4-7. She's probably right, however she reads and rereads them and shows no signs of any issues from the scary stuff. I still think parts are too violent for a child her age. (she doesnt)

1 person found this helpful.

Darker than the first three but still awesome!!

This book is so good! Exciting and brilliant just like the rest of the series. The only reason why I would take extra care letting your kid read this book is because the first good character in the series dies. Don’t worry, it’s not a main character! But it’s still very sad and kind of sudden. There is also a kidnapping, but not graphic and they are fine in the end. I won’t say who because it would totally ruin the book for you! There is also mild bullying to Harry’s friends from Draco, but, I mean, it happens in every book. If it hasn’t bothered you or your kid before, it won’t bother them now. However, this book is full of good messages and role models because: - All kinds of different people and races are shown and included. - Friendships and romances are made between houses, showing (in a way) diversity. - Generosity is shown by Harry to the Weasleys. (In case you are unaware, Harry is very rich and the weasleys are very poor) The weasleys also show generosity to Harry despite their lack of money. - Friends are shown to stick by each other through thick and thin, despite some fights that Harry and Ron have. If you or your child loved the first 3 books, they will love this one. Just remember that it is slightly darker but all of the main characters are fine in the end.

Awesome

Very interesting, but it mentions girlfriends/boyfriends a bit

Pretty Good.

Violence including a main character dying and some bleeding. Not as good as the 3rd one put it’s still pretty good.

The best books ever!

ever kid should read.

A spelltastic 4th novel and my favourite Potter book too!

The Goblet Of Fire is a fantastic book to read. It is a lot darker than the previous 3 books because the main antagonist Voldemort returns and there is more blood and violence. There is also a very sad death towards the end of the book where some people will find it upsetting. I recommend this book for 11 and up due to it's darker themes. It is also quite long too with over 600 pages. I strongly recommend the 4th book for all Potterheads! I love it!

Phenomenal

This is when the books start to get dark but there no inappropriate I think they are amazing and recommend it. But there is some violence but not to bad.

This is where the series turns

This is the book where the series gets darker and more serious. No one dies in the first three books, three people die in this book. And Harry learns just how dark and misguided government that ia supposed to protect people can be.