Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Harry Potter, Book 6

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Harry Potter, Book 6 Poster Image

1 person found this helpful.

My personal FAVORITE Harry Potter Book!

Love this book. If you can handle the fifth you can handle the sixth. The only thing that really changes is more romance.

My favorite book ever

This is my favorite book ever! I started reading these books when I was 6, definitely recommended for kids and adults alike, definitely not for kids under 7or 8

My favorite book ever

Not good

I love, love Harry Potter, but I just didn't like book 6 very much. NOT 11+ however. Completely okay for 8+.

Great book, older plot

This book is a really good book! But I don’t think kids under 11 should read this because, SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK 1. Ron and lavender start dating and its kind of… awkward. Ron and lavender are angry at each other and then love each other the next second. Ron is also constantly telling harry (without telling him) he doesn’t want to hang out with lavender 2. Harry gets together with Ginny and they kiss often and Ron is not so hot about the idea of his best friend and his sister dating. 3. Dumbledore dies at the end and shape kills him. Harry is heartbroken and furious at Snape. The battle between them is short but very detailed. 4. Harry does a curse on Draco and it defined the blood streaming down his body very graphically. This is also very hard to understand multiple times.

A very interesting read

This book is much darker than the previous ones, but is rather interesting too. We get to know some very intriguing things about Tom's past and the characters develop. I especially liked Harry character development in this book. There's a lot of snogging, though. Nothing too explicit, but some innuendos here and there (she kept cropping up in his dreams in ways that made hin devoutly thankful that Ron couldn't perform Legilimency- doesn't need a genius to figure it out). Also contains some bloody violence and a major character death. Overall a compelling read.

Wow, J.K Rowling! One of the best of HP books yet! I loved this book, but it had some romance and action so I would not recommend it for ages under ten. It moved at an exciting pace, has plenty of suspense, and was a perfect length. (Although I wish it was twice as long-at least!) Golden reading material.