Parent reviews for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Harry Potter, Book 5

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Harry Potter, Book 5 Poster Image

Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix

Good book. I didn’t find it scary, but a major character dies, but no gory scenes. I read the book when I was 10 and I got a bit disappointed. Not J.K Rowling’s best, but still worth a read.

Awesome but more mature

This is one f my child's favorites. This book does include dating and kissing. Much darker than previous books in sequel.

The Order of the Phoenix is More Intense Than Previous Books

Now, this book is more intense, especially towards the end. References of the death in the previous book, The Goblet of Fire, is mentioned a lot, and there is also a place where a lot of boyfriends and girlfriends are kissing (snogging), but not as graphic as the sixth book in the series, The Half Blood Prince. There is a major death towards the end, and cruelty by a Hogwarts teacher him or herself, who is seemingly evil and is hated, which makes two students leave for the year because of them. A character is mean and mocks, and this character is also the person who kills the person who is described as the 'major death' in this book. It does teach you some new words, has violence, has the D-word and the word 'hell', and has little educational value, but has plenty of positive role models that might just even it up.

Good, violent but not gory!

This movie had a few times of violence. A character is bit by a snake but not with much detail (almost none). It is implied that he bled but not said. There are only 2 uses of d*m. There is a part when Harry is in intense pain but there is little violence described. Overall there is violence but not much described (in a gory way) very little blood. I said all instances of the more major violence. *Spoiler*- Sirius Black dies! It is a sad moment but no blood and no gory,

Best book of the series IMO

This book is amazing but it’s very long so if your kid can’t read for long this won’t be for them but it’s amazing.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

This book is an okay book in the Harry Potter series, but it probably has a lot of language you shouldn't expose your kids to. Another thing about this book I did not like was it was very violent at sometimes and I would not like my kids reading it at their age. If you are okay with your kids being exposed to this then be my guest, but if they are under 11, you should probably wait a bit for this one.

GOOD.