Kid reviews for Hatchet

Hatchet Poster Image

Good book!

Good book! Read this year's ago, noteworthy/memorable. the inappropriate stuff is in the story's that the boy tells (which are not even his experiences) so the descriptions are not graphic. Other than that (SPOILER ALERT) in the first chapter I believe, Brian is witnessing/experiencing the death of the pilot. OK YOU'RE SAFE TO CONTINUE READING. You can probably tell by the name of the book kind of what happens though. Anyway, in the story Brian struggles a fair amount but finds innovative ways to accomplish tasks. this book is entertaining, I do recommend reading it.

3 people found this helpful.

3rd Favorite book EVER (out of the 700 ive read :O)

This is such a good book I couldn't put it down and everything about it was perfect, the writing, the story, the relatability, etc. This book doses cover some hard topics though so I recommend it for people 10+ but if you are above that age you are going to love this book!

1 person found this helpful.

Love the story and the rest of his amazing stories!

I loved this story! I used it for multiple book reports. Absolutely love the story.

Good Book

I like it but it does get a bit repitive.

Hatchet is better than most school books

Most books that we read for school are trash, but this book is amazing. It is about a boy named Brian, who lived in a plane crash in the Canadian wilderness and has to survive there until someone finds him. It is dark, with heavy themes like his parents getting divorced. You should read this book!

Very boring

I have read this book and it is INSANELY boring. Some highlights include: 4 pages spent talking about finding berries, Brian yelling "I'm hungry" on repeat because he's hungry, and many more. Also, the story is very random. While Brian is thinking about the crash, he thinks of the secret (which is that his mom cheated on his dad). Sure, it has a very slight connection to the crash, but honestly, it still seems random and unusual. The story is set up weirdly as well. It seems like Paulsen had to remove a ton of stuff just so the story could be survival-ish. Sorry, but this leaves me wondering where the sequels are really worth it.

Would recommend to all my friends

I really liked the book. It's exciting the whole way through. When I was reading it I couldn't put the book down. My mom loved it to. It's one of my favorite books along with ready player one. It's slightly funny, pretty exciting and, overall a fun read. I read the book a couple months ago so I forget if there's any swearing or anything else that's inappropriate, but usually if there's something really inappropriate I'd remember it. 10/10

I like it!

Really good! I loved it! I had to read this for school and I ended up really liking it! Gary Paulson is a great author! I think 10+! Must read for every kid! although there is a lot of violence including a suicide attempt.

Pretty good

It is a really good book about survival in the middle of the Canadian wilderness. The story was exiting and fast paced, I never wanted to put it down. I'm 13 and I think that this would make a great story for kids 12+. There are descriptions of death, some pretty gory scenes, and some words are hard to understand. If it weren't for those, I would probably give it 5 stars though. I had a lot of fun reading this and all in all, it was a really good book. I will definitely read it again and It is pretty high on my recommended list.