Kid reviews for History Is All You Left Me

History Is All You Left Me Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

READ IT

Easily my favorite book, there is mention of s-x, but it's not graphically described. It's a very unique exploration of grief with complicated characters and interesting introspection. Made me cry alot. Would definitely reccomend

i like it

You should read this book!

I really liked how It is appropriate for younger adults and up, this books really helps teach about grief. How to learn from the grief we deal with when we lose someone in our life. Talks about love and how we can lose ourselves in it. There is some swearing and sex but it is not super gory and inappropriate to the point your young adult/teen shouldn't read it, it is honestly a good book.

Amazing book!

I love this book so much. It made me cry multiple times and made me smile as well. It was just like real heartbreak. Moving on takes time and this book describes it perfectly. This was one of my favorite lgbtq+ books because it doesn’t make the relationship sound weird. The author made the relationship seem normal which it is. It didn’t make it look like the main characters were different, it just described them a people who had feelings. Honestly, I would say that this book is for 13 and up but it could be different for each kid. I learned about drugs, sex, etc. in school when I was 13 so it was ok with it. But mostly 15 and up because not everyone learned about that stuff at 13. The book includes drugs and sex (not totally in detail, but still in there). Cuss words were also evident but most books like this have cussing…Still, the book was amazing and I can’t criticize any of it. It was perfectly put together and had a lot of feelings in it.

Great coming-of-age story

This beautifully, well-written novel revolves around tough topics that can be hard to discuss off the page. Creating a range of emotions from nostalgia to angst in the reader, Adam Silvera is an amazing author who's writing speaks for itself. Highly recommend.

one of the best books I've read

Beautiful book. It's just very well written. It's kind of a slow burn in the sense that, just like in his other books, the plot is slow until and 2/3 of the way through when suddenly there are perfectly done plot twists and excitement. Adam Silvera is the master of plot twists. Give his books a read.

SO DEVESTATING!

Beautifully written, amazing dialogue, not to cliche however very sad! I read this at age 14 but I really think it depends on the maturity of the person reading rather than their age. It deals with many heavy themes that might be upsetting to younger audiences.

Heartbreaking-

This is, maybe, the saddest book I have ever read.