All member reviews for Hoot

Award-winning tale has environmental theme.

Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2012

things about hoot

the things in hoot are very realistic in every day life. would you say that to?

Teen, 13 years old Written byCookieMonster November 24, 2009

Great Message

I think that this is a wonderful story that truly encourages kids to do what it right and to stand up for what they believe in

Kid, 12 years old Written bygolakers November 14, 2009

Perfect for everyone 9 and up.

It was AMAZING!!! I'm 12 years old and I absolutely LOVED it! I think it's the kind of book that would be perfect for everyone who's 9 and up.

Kid, 10 years old Written bydoggielover19 October 7, 2009

a little iffy,but i loved it!

though there are some iffy words,it tells a great tale of friendship hard work and acoplishment

Teen, 14 years old Written byCheer4life October 1, 2009

I really liked this book. I think that this book would help teens and onder learn about how we the people are killing animals homes. To make something that we would enjoy. Love the book....

Kid, 11 years old Written byNikole109 February 17, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written by4 seasons April 9, 2008

Roys family had to move to Florida from Montana. When Roy was on the bus in Florida, a guy named Dana camed to him and choked him. That's when Roy saw a guy running with no shoes. While Roy was being choked he punched Danna on the nose and followedthe guy with no shoses.But Roy became friends with him. His name is Mullet Fingers.When Mullet Finger's got bit he told Roy everything about what he did.

Kid, 12 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

the book was cool

it was good i like the part when Roy and when Beatrice helped Mullet Finger to save the owls.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymadeline April 9, 2008

Great Book

My teacher read this book to us in class. We all loved it and wanted her to read more than she would each day. It's about some kids who go up against the adults to save some cute owls. The book is funny and has some good suspense. I liked the book a lot.

Kid, 12 years old Written byseulki_81594 April 9, 2008

i loved it...

Kid, 11 years old Written byElphaba April 9, 2008

A Must Read Book for Kids 10 to Adult!

I have always been a reader. It was James Harriot Cat Stories, or Tim Burton Interviews, or Anastasia, the Last Grand Duchess. So when I see a book simply called 'Hoot' I start to think: Could this be a reference to a owl? Did it mean that peer pressure forced someone to stand out, 'hooting'. It turns out that my first guess was very, very close. It was exactly a year ago that I checked 'Hoot' out of the library. I sat in my hammock and waited for the familar magical sensation to overcome me, as I am swept into the plot, and unfortunatly the character's lives. And as I read that first sentence, a smile began to creep across my face...
Let's face it. The movie was profoundly not as good as the book, almost nothing is. But nevertheless, this is a review about the book, which i will say took me awa. I can still hear the first sentence, "Roy would have never noticed the boy running next to the bus if it wasn't for the fact that Dana Matherson was smashing his head against the window." It pulls you in, and i'm pround to say that Carl Hiaasan has succeded. (Applause)

Kid, 11 years old Written byhiphopgem April 9, 2008

nature is something we should care about

this book is awesome and shows that you can have fun and save nature at the same time. if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, i suggest you do.

Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2013

My Review Of Hoot,By Carl Hiassen

Roy Eberhardt Moves A LOT.He Recently Moved From Montana All The Way To Florida.Roy Isn't Very Happy.He Loved Montana.His Parents Say,''Everyone In The World Wants To Live Here.'' Everyone Except Roy.While On His Way To School One Day,He Sees A Boy About His Age Running On The Sidewalk Barefoot.Roy Wonders Where They Boy Is Going.Then,Roy Finds Out.He Makes 2 New Friends.One,Beatrice,And The Other ''Mullet Fingers'',The Barefoot Kid.They Tell Roy How Mother Paula's Pancake Company Is Making A Pancake House.But What The People DON'T Know Is That There Is Owls On The Property,And When They Start To Build They Place,The Owls Will Be Scared And Hurt And Might Even Get Killed.Beatrice And Mullet Fingers Are Going To Save The Owls From Being Hurt.To Do That,The Kids Pull A Series Of Practical Jokes On A Police Officer,A Foreman For The Company,And More.On The Day Of The Big Ceremony For The Pancake House,The Kids See If They Succed.Do They?There Is Little To Worry About In This Book.Some Language,Da*n,Many Different Uses Of A*s,And Uses Of Poop,And Other Rude Toilet Jokes.The Biggest Concern Is That Kids Pull Practical Jokes That Include Comical Violence,ETC With Little To No Consequences. There Is Some Bullying,And Kids Are Sent To Jail.Almost All The Adults Act Stupid In This Book,Especially Beatrices Stepmom.The Book Is Slow At Times,But,There Isn't To Much Of It. A Fine Book For Ages 10+.

Kid, 11 years old Written bylove4me July 12, 2012

AMAZING BOOK! :)

AN AMAZING BOOK!!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! YOU REALLY SHOULD READ THIS!!! :) has a very educational value and you can learn from ths book as well!

Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2012

Hoot

I loove this book. So basically its about when a boy named Roy moved into town. He expects to make no friends in Florida but finds himself making friends with a boy named Garrett, a class clown. Though that morning, Roy got his face smushed into a window by Dana...

Kid, 11 years old Written byvixen August 12, 2010

Sophie's review

I like it because it is about some kids that are trying to save burrow owls. Also it is a good mystery. :)

Kid, 9 years old Written byBookWorm252 July 26, 2010

A Great One

i love the book Hoot so far ... it's a fun adventure that everyone will enjoy reading!!

Kid, 12 years old Written byalishiarock May 27, 2010

hoot reveiw

i love this book kids its really gud go out and buy the dam n book!!!! :)

Kid, 9 years old Written byfrozie711 January 26, 2010

I love it

Kid, 0 years old October 7, 2009

I was Suprised this only got 3 stars!

The book is positively superb. The adults aren't very idiotic according to my memory, just a bunch of them are...uh...yeah.
There are bullies, which are necessary to the plot, and some injuries, but they don't even POKE at the graphic area. It is indeed humorous, and many kids aren't even very shocked by mild swears anyway, so your child may enjoy it--if you'll allow them to take the ride.