Kid reviews for How It Feels to Float

How It Feels to Float Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Amazing book!

very great book! Helps normalize Mental illness. I loved the storyline and overall an amazing book

Such a Beautifully written story that raises awareness on mental illness

'How It Feels to Float' is an honest story that is beautifully written. It raises awareness on mental illness and highlights the importance of family and friends. Highly recommend!

Woah

So profound and so unexpected. Biz is quite likable and her mental health issues are explored in a meaningful way. Her relationship with her deceased father is a major focus of the book. After reading multiple YA books, I was starting to fear something like this was a thing of the past. But finally, this appeared. I will make sure I don’t forget it, and you shouldn’t forget it, either.

SO GOOD

is super good but inappropriate unless you are mature enough to not really care.

Not just good, but necessary

I am perfectly aware that this sounds cliché, but this book really is necessary for everyone to read. It shines a beautiful light on topics like mental illness, sexuality, and anxiety in a relatable way and one that doesn’t withhold information or sugar-coat anything. Biz and Grace are wonderful characters and undergo great character development throughout the story. I am impressed by Helena Fox’s writing. This is a book about depression, and her writing style makes me feel the mood that the story is trying to convey. The way the book is written makes it feel so poetic in the way that the storyline flows very smoothly. Overall this was a wonderful book.

Amazing.

I love this book. It’s a personal favourite of mine and deserves more recognition than it has. The main character, Elizabeth (Biz), struggles with depression, panic attacks, and other things. When she experiences these, she describes herself as floating. Some things of the book don’t make a whole lot of sense, and Biz doesn’t seem to know any more than you do. It’s occasionally hard to tell what’s imagined by Biz and what’s not. For example, she’s in hospital at one point, and when her best friend, Grace, (who she kissed at one point), comes to visit her, but Biz tells Grace that Grace is dead, which is not true. She also falls in love with some guy called Jasper who is the new boy at school even though she thought he was a dick at some point. It’s a very good book.