All member reviews for I Want to Live

Forthright book focused on disease and death.

Kid, 12 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Educator Written bysb34chick November 21, 2009

An inspirational story highly recommended for tweener girls.

As a child I began reading this series and basically desired reading every book ever written by Lurlene McDaniel. Each of these stories are sad and center around a teen with a life threatening illness. BUT - each story, though sad, is highly focused on the inspiration to live, survive, and made the most out of every situation. McDaniel uses this book, as part of the Dawn Rochell series, to share educational, true-to-life experiences of a young girl with lukemia. An inspirational story highly recommended for tweener girls.

Kid, 11 years old Written byI luv book February 24, 2011

Perfect for any age that have an understanding for cancer

This is a awesome book. I love it. READ IT NOW

Teen, 15 years old Written bybrianafinnegan February 4, 2011

Perfect for teens

Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written bymy3angels March 3, 2010

I fell in love with this book. Alot of people have to go through ordeals with sick children every day, take a drive to Vanderbilt Childrens's Hospital one day, and reality will most definatly hit you. There is so many good points in this book that I think all young readers should read. I believe it will help children, as well as adults, learn to deal with sickness. The characters were so well though out. Rob, (Dawns brother) was such a sweetheart from the start. He loved his sister so much he would do anything for her. They were a very close family. And Darcy, well, that kind of relationship happens alot when your family needs you most. If Darcy truly loved Rob, she would have been the first to say, "Lets Reschedule the wedding", Family comes first." But she was only thinking of herself. I would highly recommend this book for the more mature 12 year olds and starting age 13 for sure. This would also be a good mother-daughter reading book, and discuss the happenings.

Parent Written byNoelani24 October 27, 2013

Great book

I started reading this book( which is based of a series)when I was in middle/ high school. I fell in love with the authors stories of how all these characters struggle with real live struggles. I love this book( and the rest of the this series). I happy that this doesn't have any cursing so its pretty safe for a younger group of audience.