Kid reviews for Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World

Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World Poster Image

YES! LGBTQ+ representation for kids!

As a queer teen, I firmly believe that representation in media is very important for the LGBTQ+ community and this book was a perfect example of that. I wish I had this when I was questioning. Nothing inappropriate at all.

1 person found this helpful.

LGBT IN KIDS!

this is the first LGBT+ book i read. and the most amazing one too. I love how they describe things with how the color would look, so you can picture it in your head. this is a must read book.

Read this a few years back (five years ago this summer). I just remember it was really good and helped me realize I was gay, so it gets my 5/5.

One of my favorites!

This is one of my favorite books along with Ashley Herring Blake's other books too! I read it once in 6th grade and again in 8th grade and it has never changed on my top 5 list. This book dives into emotions and feelings that make me heartfelt. It's the perfect book for tweens and early teens.

Love it

This book helped me so much! I read it 2 times!

Simply fabulous

Never thought anyone could express such atopic in this way. Well this is the first time that I can't describe what was great in the book. So I will actually give you a hint about the book. Ivy Aberdeen is the protagonist who loves drawing and keeps a secret sketchbook with her. One day a tornado hits her town and many families including hers are displaced. This book is about how her family deals with this and in the meanwhile she has a crush ( on a girl) and also her sketchbook goes missing and she discovers that someone has found it and that person starts sending her drawings one by one in her locker which agitates her and makes her wonder what if the person shows her drawings to someone else.

Okay, so im 11, and I first read it when I was 8. I have always been an avid reader. I walked up to my dad with it in my hand, then handed it to him. He flipped through quickly and looked up and said that there was a same sex couple. And I said "Yeah, so what?" and got it. And oh my lord, I'm here to talk about it now. It was (and still is) one of my favorite books of all time. Recently, my all girls school decided to do this as one of the books for battle of the books. Me, (still being an avid reader) dragged my friend along. After the first meeting, she had the courage to tell me she liked a girl in my class. And I hugged her, and told her that that was great. She then said she probably never would have said anything if it weren't for this book. If that's not enough reason to read it, then what is?

Lgbt

It’s the first Ssyra book as far as I know that is lgbt so I feel valid for once in my life.

talks about things that need to be talked about

It was an inspirational read. I said 7+ can read it but it may not be interesting for younger children. It is something that all tweens/teens must read.