Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
Based on 1 review
No reviews yet.Add your rating
Common Sense is a nonprofit organization. Your purchase helps us remain independent and ad-free.
Did we miss something on diversity?
Research shows a connection between kids' healthy self-esteem and positive portrayals in media. That's why we've added a new "Diverse Representations" section to our reviews that will be rolling out on an ongoing basis. You can help us help kids by suggesting a diversity update.
Suggest an Update
A Lot or a Little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What Parents Need to Know
Mother knows best!
Report this review
What's the Story?
Is It Any Good?
Talk to Your Kids About ...
- Families can talk about Trixie's expressions, and how they help her communicate even though she can't yet speak. Point out her different facial expressions and see if you and your child can imitate some of them.
- Read the book again, this time focusing on the details. Look for Knuffle Bunny and find where he gets lost. Find the cameo of Pigeon from Mo Willems' popular series that began with Don't Let Pigeon Drive the Bus.
- How does Knuffle Bunny mix funny moments and sad moments? How do you feel when you lose one of your favorite things?
- Author: Mo Willems
- Illustrator: Mo Willems
- Genre: Picture Book
- Topics: Adventures
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
- Publication date: September 1, 2004
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 3 - 6
- Number of pages: 40
- Available on: Audiobook (unabridged), Hardback
- Awards: ALA Best and Notable Books, Caldecott Medal and Honors
- Last updated: July 12, 2017
Our Editors Recommend
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
Silliness that appeals to preschoolers.
Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity
Touching, funny, exuberant ...Trixie at her best!
Cat the Cat, Who Is That?
Charming friend tale for both toddlers and new readers.
For kids who love picture books and humor
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.See how we rate