Parent reviews for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Presents: A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Presents: A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo Poster Image

"For every bunny who has ever felt different"

Amazing! A must have to enjoy again and again!

Charming story about inclusion, respect for others and yourself and, most importantly, Love

This book is about Loneliness, Love, Acceptance and flexibility.

Wonderfully Sweet

A sweet story about love, friendship, and individuality. Charmingly written and beautifully illustrated. Proceeds going to the trevor project is a huge bonus!

Beautiful book helping all ages to understand and accept difference

This book was sent to our five year old by her Transgender Godfather. As an open minded Catholic family, our daughter goes to an all girls Convent school and as a disabled transgender (transman still living as a female) parent to our biological daughter made and born within a heterosexual marriage, I feel it is vital she understands that LGBT is as equally normal as Mary & Joseph (who really are radical in their marriage and first pregnancy, even by today’s accepted family dynamics, think about it?...) I had no idea about the backstory to this book, so no prior political awareness, especially as we are based in London the UK but I found the political connection quite humorous and fun for adults reading the book with or to children. As our daughter sees same sex marriage as normal, with same sex hand holding, marriage and kissing scenes on TV, she saw the story as two bunnies that fell in love and overcame obstacles with the help of their friends from all different backgrounds to get married and be happy. I especially liked the last page of Marlon and Wesley snuggled up in bed as a marriage couple on their Bunnymoon dreaming of their future together. I found that this was to my husband and I, the most important part of the book as we are raising our daughter to believe that physical relationships are best within marriage (as I work with survivors of sex abuse, it’s important our child understands that private parts are seen by someone you truly love rather than someone that’s using or harming you...) and so this final page is a wonderful demonstration of normal married life, regardless of same sex or other configurations of marriage or consensual long term relationships. My daughter enjoyed the book but as it was nothing new in terms of same sex relations was only confused by the female Vicar! Which tickled me all being considered, but gave us the opportunity to discuss Christianity and female vicars, Catholicism and how she can be anything as a girl in this world and that only she can stop herself from achieving her dreams. Fantastic inspirational and inclusive book for any age. It’s a shame about the Pence ladies and their book on their actual bunny, the real life Marlon Bundo, but all being considered the political humour of the author is lost on children but I hope will in their future, will reiterate the silliness of anti LGBT beliefs twenty years from now, when they fondly think back to this book from their childhood and Mike Pence’s and Donald Trumps views...

Adorable

This was a surprisingly sweet book. Fun, cute, and educational. It lets kids know that love is love, and if you don't like the people making the rules, then get involved and effect positive change.

Beautiful + Positive Message about respect + difference

I bought this book for my 4 children and my coworker's children. This story has beautiful illustrations and fun animal characters who teach respect for one another through their differences. The message - that difference is special and to be celebrated - is worthy. I strongly recommend it for all children and adults.

An Important Book

I love this book. As someone who has four children, two boys, and two girls all school age, I think this is a book that is a great start in talking to kids about all the different types of people they will meet in life. Whether you agree with same sex or not, truth is, it's here to stay, just like it always has been. I want my children to grow into loving, caring individuals, and this book is a great start.