Kid reviews for Peter Pan

Peter Pan Poster Image

YOoOoOoOo

As soon as I read the book i was amazed how AMAZING it was I just can’t explain

Weird, creepy, and possible dangerous.

I have my reasons to believe two men were driven insane by this story. A local man in my town went insane and thought he was Peter Pan. Apparently he was obsessed with the story before he went crazy. He died jumping off a cliff because he thought he could fly. Michal Jackson was obsessed with PP too. He kept getting surgery to look more like him and wanted to act him in a movie. He named his house Neverland and always talked like a child like how Peter "never grew up". When I read this story I was creeped out. Think twice before showing your kids.

Don't bother with the movie!

This book will make you cry! You may have to explain some parts to your kids, but it won't be hard and they'll understand. Don't watch the movie, it turns Peter into a weird elf with a neon hat. Tinkerbell calls Peter a "silly as*", but considering the time period in which it was written, that was probably about the same level of swearing as "darn" is now, so just explain about that. Almost all the ladies in the story are mothers, housewives, or nurses, but also think about when it was written. There is some violence, and Peter kills Captain Hook, but it is not too bad. This book is my favorite in the whole world! Read it! (P. S. if you get the audiobook, get the one read by Jim Dale, it's the best. See also the sequel, "Peter Pan in Scarlet")

Light, Whimsical Classic, Deeper than you Might Think

Peter Pan by J.M Barrie is a true classic. It's a bright, lighthearted fairytale about the wonders of childhood and the importance of growing up. Although this is a book for children, there are some dark undertones and metaphors. I said ages 9 and up because kids that age will understand the story, but older kids, like maybe age 12-13 will get the full effect. Here are my warnings- Violence- 2/5- nothing graphic; Hook does talk about his oddly colored blood, many pirates are killed and a boy counts them off as they die, a non-graphic battle occurs, children are threatened with death. Swearing- 2/5- Tinker Bell frequently calls Peter a 'silly a**', there is some outdated racist language (the Natives are called Redskins) Sexy Stuff- 0.5/5- Barely anything. Wendy mentions kissing but Peter doesn't understand what that is, and Tiger Lily mentions she wants to 'be something to Peter' but not his mother (It's obvious she means she likes him.) Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- 1/5- Hook has a cigar holder specially made so he can smoke two cigars at once. I'm sure there are probably a couple other small things but they aren't coming to mind. Consumerism- 0/5- Great Messages- 3/5- Although it does portray some questionable things, such as the Darlings not getting in trouble after freaking RUNNING AWAY for a few years, it does show the importance of maturity and holding on to childhood memories. Great Role Models- 4/5- Wendy cares about her brothers and the Lost Boys. Even Hook values 'good form' and being a respectable person. Wendy is also very kind and patient when dealing with Peter. *Spoiler Alert* Tinker Bell gives up her own life to save Peter. Peter Pan, however, is not a fantastic role model. He is very much an anti-hero, enjoying killing pirates for fun, threatening Lost Boys, and only saving people to prove how great he is, not because it's right.

Mad about this

Very mad.

My Favorite Book- A Classic

I LOVED this book from the moment I first read it. I currently have four copies and have read it multiple times, however, you may have to explain a few "big" words to children.

Amazing, might bore kids

This is an amazing story, but reflective of the era in which it was written. Don't worry too much about content, but the language used can make it a long, boring read for young kids.

Did Not Meet my Expectations

After seeing the animated Disney movie of this I figured that the book would be really good. The book did not meet my expectations. It was a good book but slow. Peter Pan was overly arrogant and annoying and Tinkerbell cusses (the b-word is used toward Wendy). Not wonderful but still a classic that everyone needs to read.

best book for kids

i thik its a great story for little kids to have told by there parents over and over again

AMAZING!

I've read this book twice and is still good. Peter Pan is my favorite charactor! Who wouldn't want to be this kid? It's noted that they've been away for a while but it's a book. The naraitor actuilly says that he/she can't decide which adventure to tell. And since it's a book, why not tell the whole story of what happened? Read the book and at one part it lists the different adventures it wants to tell but chooses only two and see what I mean. I say it's okay for little kids because they don't really pay attention to the voilence, I certainly never did.