All teen and kid member reviews for Shiver

Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2013

Shiver....Pretty Cool.

This is a great read for teens who love romance. The two main characters are in love, and are trying to keep their relationship together (the boy is a werewolf.) There is barely any violence, but some does happen. Otherwise, this is an awesome novel that teens will love.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCicci November 13, 2013

Shiver, Linger and Forever, the best books ever!

I love this book, much better than Twilight! <3

Teen, 13 years old Written byMiss taylor potter October 2, 2013

Idk

Ok mizkitty if u r out there then listen to me ok my mom was 17 when she had me ok? She was married and u have no right of judging someone off how the behaved yes it was a mistake but a year later she had 3 misscargs and if she had had me she would have no doughter right now so I am really mad at u cuz u don't Judge ppl by there looks k? Ps is this book ok for 10 yr olds I am 10 but a lot more mature than most thx for ur help ppl bye

Teen, 13 years old Written bymaybeline4ever December 26, 2012

Addicting!

Amazing story the series has 3 books and they are all about 400 pages, and the series was so good that I read the books in 3 days! My mother told me I was addicted and tried to take the books away from me. If you want to actually talk to your children don't buy this book because they will be glued to the pages!

Teen, 14 years old Written bydreamer98 August 19, 2012

Simply Amazing

Shiver is one of my favorite books of all time. If you enjoy paranormal romances or romances in general, you should definitly read this book. Magiie Stiefvater is an amazing writer. Thank you for writing this book. I LOVE Sam Roth!!! Grace and Sam our ying and yang but I wouldn't have it any other way! Read this book and the series!!

Kid, 12 years old Written bymousepaw July 26, 2012

Shiver, A Superb Book

A wonderful book for kids who love wolves, like myself. The first book of three. Lots of romance, action, adventure, very very very good plot line. Adults may find it lacking something... Quoting the review: "The main characters are appealing and intelligent, and are mostly positive role models. They do have sex, but it's clear that they are very much in love, and they treat each other respectfully." That last sentence is so true, so so true. It's not obsessive love, or anything not-so-good, it's REAL. Again, here: "The passion between the characters grows throughout the story, and they do have sex once in a tastefully written fade-to-black scene." Tastefully Written. Not like the stuff in twilight, I will admit... So stop freaking out over one thing. It's a good book!

Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2012

awsome.just no your kid

Im ten and when i was 9 i read it.It is hard to put down!Be sure to be disapointed by the lasst book though.

Kid, 11 years old Written byMatilda C May 22, 2012

Fair

Right now, I'm reading the thrid shiver trilogy book, Forever, and I am impressed. When it comes to reading, I wouldn't really say it's about the age. Is says teen at the back of the book, but I would say level..5A + ? However, there is as much negativity about the book as there is positivity.

Sex - Trust me, a lot of sexual language is included.. the author, Maggie Stiefvater even said on her youtube channel " I write books about .. werewolves and kissing " XD

Language: Not often, but from time to time may inlude LITTLE swearings such as b-tch, b-stard. Otherwise, she writes something like " I swore, quietly " or whatever, as it is written in the first person. :))

Voilence: It is a book about werewolves.. what do you expect ?

Drugs etc: Cole's band, NARKOTIKA is Albanian for Drugs, and they also take drugs.. so yeah, that explains it all.

Overall, it is.. well, I would say ' fun '. It's a bit like watching a movie, than reading, but does refresh your writing skills only slighlty!

Kid, 11 years old Written byDude13000bgx2GIRL February 14, 2012

AWESOME!!

Great book!

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeti2442 December 20, 2011

Amazing!

This is a REALLY good book! I would rate this 4.5 stars. This is an amazing novel!

Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 15, 2011

Great book, sexuality is tasteful

I love this book! The whole series is well-written and interesting. It is not very appropriate for younger readers, but 11 and up have probably already read things of the same sort. I would recommend it to any lover of fantasy and/or romance!

Teen, 13 years old Written byIm a Taco October 3, 2011

the cold. the heat. the shiver.

Shiver is an extremely elegant novel which i would reread any day. I was only disappointed when my eyes did not read each page as fast as i would have liked. :) As for parents complaining about the sexual content, if you believe it is inappropriate for your children, then don't allow them to read it. There's no need to "warn" others about anything...

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolcrazycat10 September 30, 2011

Great Book!

This book is great! I loved it! I think the rating are right on with this book!

Teen, 14 years old Written bycharmingangel22 September 10, 2011

Shiver~

I am 14 years old now i read this book when i was 12 & i have to say it is the best book i have ever read it is AMAZING... when i first heard about the book i though ughh not another twilight type book then i read the first two pages and feel in love.
PRO'S: it keeps you interested and you can visually see the pictures and your head while you read because of the decription.

CON'S" Honestly the only bad thing about the book is that it could be confusing at times of course that depends i did read the book when i was 12. Oh and another thing theres sex in this book and it has a strong decription but i suggest you just skip it if youre uncomfortable

Teen, 14 years old Written byZarah November 12, 2010

Incredible!

I love this book. The characters are amazing and it is a definite page turner. Once you start reading it, you won't be able to stop!
There is a sex scene but no details, it's not any worse than Breaking Dawn and should be okay for anyone 13+

Kid, 12 years old Written byemsoap August 26, 2010

My favorite book.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhgirl_11 April 25, 2010

loved it couldn't put it down an awesome book

Teen, 13 years old Written bysarah-swift April 7, 2010

Perfect For Teens!! ;)

Really love it!! Parents have to be a bit open to what kids read, after all, they can't hide IT from us forever.. In this book though, there isn't any gore or digusting romance.. It's all sweet and heavenly!! Sam and Grace are peeeeerfect ;) love 'em!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byErikaErikaErika January 29, 2010

Perfect for all teens and tweens

I disagree authors should be real and not sugercoat the world. I just finished shiver and loved it.