Parent reviews for Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda Poster Image

Simon V.S. in its self is a story about a boy who learned and lived the importance of being honest with one's self about the way you are feeling. To say that Simon V.S. isn't a dramatized portrait of what it's like to be a gay teen in high school would be a lie, but to say that it wouldn't help a confused gay teen in high school when reading it would also be a lie. All and All this novel is in no way groundbreaking, but it is a feel-good read and most certainly a step forward for the lgbtq+ community!

1 person found this helpful.

The best book

I love it my favorite story right now it's really cute that the person he loved was always by him

Simon vs the Homosapien's Agenda

I think this story is good for teenagers because, after you hit high school, you start questioning your identity and this story makes it known that you can find out and accept who you are and maybe others will too.

A Book that Celebrates Diversity with Great Sweetness

This is a lovely book. Representation matters, and this book does a lovely job of supporting race issues, LGTBQ+ issues, and girl issues with a gentle touch that weaves together with the underlying story lines. There are some painful moments in the book, and it's not all ponies and rainbows and unicorns, but it never loses its sweetness and likability, and even innocence. You end up really rooting for all the characters, who all win in the end, which is very satisfying. A very good book.

Lots of fun.

I thought this was a wonderful book. The writing was fresh and fun. The topic was important and I fell in love with the characters.