Kid reviews for Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda Poster Image

An amazing inspirational book

I absolutely love this book.There is quite a bit of sex talk between characters and "thoughts " about sex. Although there are only a few times where make-out scenes are described r how you would say in movie reviews "implied" sex.There is quite a bit of swearing .But all on all this is a amazing book , witch i think everyone should read at some point .Once you start this book you will ave to finish it .

I really enjoyed this book and think that it teaches a lot of great lessons. Keep in mind that this takes place in a high school with teens who can be bullies and have bad ideas but I think it’s a great book. Like many teens, Simon is figuring out his identity and how to share it with others.

LGBTQ fiction can do better than this

I love LGBTQ fiction. Utterly adore it. Celebrating one of the best communities out there is something to admire. And Heartstopper by Alice Oseman is my favorite graphic novel series of all times, also being my favorite LGBTQ book series. But this book bugged me. It got on my nerves and was a pain to get through. Why don't I discuss that now? 1. The kid blackmailing Simon was the most annoying rat human in existence rivaled only by Mark Watney from The Martian. I hate him so much, and not in a good way. The narrative seems to play him off as just a nice boy who's kind of sorta blackmailing Simon, but what he does is inexcusable. And at the end of it all, he gets forgiven! Who in their right mind would forgive him? I expect better from villain characters, especially "reformed" ones. He ruined the book for me. 2. Simon's not a good example of a gay teen. I don't think he's a bad character, but he just... felt weird. I don't think the sexual fantasies were in character for him, they just felt like something someone thinks about gay teens and teens in general. They're not all just lustful maniacs, but I guess Simon has to be. I think the story handles his fear of coming out well, but he really had no excuse for not telling his friends sooner. It's his thing to share, but it just didn't make sense narratively. It just seemed to be there for drama. Simon's fine, I just think other books do better at capturing the actual feelings of people like them. 3. The characters weren't memorable. None of them really stand out for a good reason, which is a death sentence when it comes to a book's enjoyability. The book was boring to read, the blackmail really brought no tension to the story, and Simon getting outed to the school didn't affect the plot as much as it could've for a more resonant story. Homophobia is a big thing, but it gets glossed over here and disappears after barely any time at all. Heartstopper actually deals with the psychological effects of that bullying even after it's stopped, and it's so amazing and I love it. Maybe read that instead. I think this book just fell so short of my expectations. I am overjoyed that an LGBTQ book became so popular, but there are a LOT of better books that could have been up there instead (cough cough Heartstopper COUGH). If you like this book, good for you! My criticisms may be entirely personal, or you may feel the same. Either way, don't say I didn't warn you :D.

GET THIS BOOK RN AHH 10/10

omg this book is so good. I hate reading but i found this book at school and fell in love with it. I am apart of the LGBTQIA+ and think its great representation. Parents and Teens would love this. and no, as it may seem like there might be at points there are no sex scenes lmao

Interesting but really book for teens!

This book was filled with plenty of mature themes/things. It was not the best book I've read, but yet it was interesting. But I feel like this book is something you can miss out on; mature themes can go over with a lot of young people's heads. May be filled with some messages, but it still can't smother out all the mature contents!

Loved this book!

This is probably one of my favorite books ever! As I strongly stand up for LBGTQ+ rights, I loved this. Simon Spier, the main character goes through a lot after a classmate blackmails him. Simon has to get Abby, his friend to date Martin (the blackmailer) or else Martin will out Simon on the school Tumblr page, as well as the boy that Simon is dating, who goes by “Blue” I cried and laughed and couldn’t stop reading! I highly recommend Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda. “The Homo Sapiens Agenda” is a play on the Homosexual Agenda. Simon and Blue come up with this idea after they have a discussion online about how it isn’t fair that only gay and not straight people have to come out. Warning: there are lots of swear words

UGH SO DARN GOOD

Pls read! It's really good and kids learn great lessons about love, life and friends. No one goes to bed and it is all pretty appropriate. But like, read it.

Very good and diverse book

This is honestly one of my favorite book of all times, as a member of the LGTBQ+ community, this was really a very amazing book. Honestly I think any one over the age of 10 or 11 can read this book BUT only if they are mature and old enough to understand things like bad words and dirty jokes, cause if not then they could accidentally say something inappropriate or concerning without understanding what there saying. Again This is a amazing book and amazing story, it really helped me learn about the LGTBQ+ Community and it helped me find out that I am Nonbi, I think anyone who is struggling with coming out or trying to figure out how you feel should read this book.

Good book for teens

Really cute love story about gay people, what else could you possibly want? There is quite a lot of swearing, the f word coming up the most and some sexual moments but nothing that graphic. Really good book that I would suggest to teens or mature 12 year olds.