All parent member reviews for Sweethearts

Parent of a 11 year old Written bythager April 9, 2008

A disturbing, yet well-crafted story. The main charaters are stong, independet teens who have faced horrendous situations during childhood.While both have learned to cope, their coping comes at a high cost. A thought provoking novel for older teens.

Adult Written bysouthparkfan15 April 9, 2008

Very Good book.

This is a very good book for ages 13+. Some language but nothing too bad.

Adult Written byEmmaLouO April 28, 2011

Growing Up Sheltered

I love this book. I first read it when I was 14 and I found that I couldn't put the book down. Jenna is a role model. She faces her troubles head on and she takes responsibility for her actions. That's more than anyone can say for a lot of the "role models" America's children have today. I see that people have issues with the message, as Jenna regains her unhealthy habits, however, they aren't the message. The message is that you can overcome those things, all you need is yourself. More violence can be found on news stations than what was in this book, as well as the drinking and language. People who are concerned about the kissing, watch the television shows your teenager watches. I dare you to find less sexual references in that show than there is in the entire book. Teenagers can handle way more than parents think. Sweethearts shows that there are always choices to be made, and only we can make the right ones.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byMari13 March 29, 2010

Perfect for older kids

i loved it was an amazing book.