All teen and kid member reviews for The Dead-Tossed Waves: The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2

Kid, 12 years old Written byAvven July 21, 2010

15's too High!!

ummmm........ i read this and loved it, and i definently think 15 is too high a rating. im pretty mature, so i think this is good for 13. Go apocolypse!

Teen, 13 years old Written bywinterpercussion July 6, 2010

WONDERFUL

My friend came up to me at school and said," Read it NOW!" ...so I did and let me tell you it was an awesome book it's slighty less graphic then breaking dawn actually it is! but the violence wasn't so bad but the book describes how (in the beginning of the book) the teenagers die (some survive) even though it wasn't scarier then most things these days it still gave me chills. BEST BOOK EVER (kinda actually no lol)

Teen, 14 years old Written bykaypea28 December 13, 2010

Perfect for love and adventure seekers!

I love this book especially the suspense and how Gabry falls in love is so sweet!

Teen, 15 years old Written byone_day15 August 20, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byzinna123 August 26, 2010

Amazing!

i lovde this book and 15 is to high i read this when i was 12 yes i am mature for my age but i still think its to high.
the writing was amazing in this book i just couldnt put it down!

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 March 28, 2012

Intense, passionate, and beautiful.

Just as good as The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Just as you think the ocean is the only safe haven left, nope. Permeating with Unconsecrated that float aimlessly until they come alive at the smell of human flesh. I definitely like Elias and Gabry better than Catcher and Gabry. Catcher fits so much better with Annah. But there is one thing I noticed. When Gabry is walking through the woods and sees the scorch marks on trees, I guarantee it from the fire that started in Book 1! And when Gabry found the skull, with FRESH FLOWERS AROUND IT, THOSE WERE FROM HER MOTHER! THE SKULL WAS TRAVIS!!!!

Kid, 11 years old Written bymusic_is_my_life<3 March 11, 2012

perfect for those of adventure!!!!<3

great book. its a fantastic book about survival, love and finding out a past that you never knew of. its suspenseful and fantastic!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJTDB May 25, 2013

Great Book; Lots Of Violence

Don't disregard this review because of my age but just think about what I'm saying....
This book is amazing and if, like me, you were left with a huge hole in your heart from the first book (The Forest Of Hands & Teeth) then you must read the second book. Carrie Ryan is an amazing author who manages to keep this series reasonably light-spirited while bringing in dark scary aspects. The book will leave you paranoid and wary but it is most definitely worth it! If you don't mind being scared a bit then this book is fine. The love aspect is ok for anyone to read I think. There are more explicit things being done in the street (kissing etc.) than what is described in this book.
You need to remember that the character Gabry is in a very extreme situation which makes it almost ok for her to commit the crimes she did. But she is not a good role model for anyone to look up to.
The violence in this book is probably the worst thing, with beheadings and other body mutilations described rather graphically. It is not so much the gruesomeness of the words that is so disturbing but the ideas behind it and the feelings; or lack of. But if you think about it, kids these days are seeing and getting accustomed to this extreme violence and torture through video games like COD etc.

Overall this is a great book and if you've read the first then nothing should keep you from reading this or the third book.

Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2013

LOVE IT!!!!!

This is a bit more violent than the first book, but you will fall in love with it!