Kid reviews for The Diabolic, Book 1

The Diabolic, Book 1 Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Loved it!

I absolutely loved this book! There were so many plot twists throughout the novel and it was never boring. I never wanted to put it down!

Really good book...

I think that this was a really good book. The plot was really interesting, though it was a little slow in the beginning. This book is pretty gory, but I think it would be fine for mature kids underneath 13 years. This book does have a couple mentions of sex, and a few kisses, but other than that it was fine in terms of romance. Nemesis's character was really thought out in terms of development throughout the story, and I appreciate that as a book nerd. It did send great messages about staying true to yourself and self control. There is not much educational value in this, but it was a good read. There was like a rub that was intoxicating, which I think was unnecessary, and there was not too much swearing, it was really just mediocre, and in a time when Tyrus had very strong emotions when speaking to Nemesis. There was barely any consumerism, but overall, I would say that the violence was a bit too graphic for some kids. This was a really good read for me.

One if the best ya books ever!

I think it's a superb, thrilling dystopian novel for teens with just the required twist of romance. Recommend it to any teen who loves sci-fi, dystopian workds, and a teeny weeny bit of romance. Note: there are no sex scenes involved. Completely safe.

I love this book so much!

This book was so amazing! It is definitely on of my favorites. I instantly fell in love with nemesis and the whole book. It takes place in space far in the future where everyone is a part of a grand empire. The ones who live in space are called Grandiloquy and the ones who live on planets are called the Excess. Each ruler of a imperial family is called a Senator, and then there is the Emperor. A diabolic is a genetically modified human that has one task; to kill anyone who is a threat to her/his master. When Nemesis masters father, the Senator von Impryean does injustice against the emperor, he summons Sidonia, the Senator von impryean's daughter to the imperial court. Nemesis goes in her place to keep her safe, and her life changes forever and she learns important things about herself and the empire. The action, romance, violence, and heroism in this book was amazing! There was many violent parts in the story including a fight to the death between two diabolics, several scenes where nemesis kills her enemies or break their limbs. Overall, this book was amazing and i recommend to anyone (14+) that's looking for an amazing book.

Graphic violence in thrilling and addicting YA Sci-fi

THE DIABOLIC is so much fun. There is action, drama, politics, and even romance. So good and I highly recommend for those with a strong tolerance for violence and death. CONTENT: VIOLENCE- extreme death toll and violence- people are stabbed, die in fight, have their necks broken, are almost raped, have their skin burned with oils, families are blown up, public deaths, and in one of the goriest scenes, a girl has her heart ripped out of her chest. SEX- some passionate and steamy kissing is described, mention of having sex to gain power LANGUAGE- one damn, 2 of hell MY RATING: PG-13/ for thematic elements, violent and gory images throughout, and some sexuality- all involving teens