Kid reviews for The Girl Who Drank the Moon

The Girl Who Drank the Moon Poster Image

This is an incredible book that can be enjoyed by pre-teens, but there are dark themes that someone that young may not completely catch. This is ok for any kid in the double digits to read, but may not be fully understood until teens. This book can be a bit slow and confusing at times, but it is overall an amazing book. It is also not completely happy -- characters die, children get ditched in the woods, there is a tyrannical ruler, etc.

Is this Girl really as bold as the Moon?

It was that one time when I didn’t know what to read. On that exact day we went to the bookstore there were so many books I couldn’t decide which one I should read, that is when my mom asked me if I was interested in The Girl Who Drank the Moon I was just too curious so when I got home and tried it out and I knew that when I started it was a wonderful beginning of the book. To read a 386 pg book might feel boring but The Girl Who Drank the Moon is a great book. While you're reading this amazing book: The Girl Who Drank the Moon you’ll find that the characters in this book are complicated and because of that it makes the book more interesting. Whether you like books or not you should read The Girl Who Drank the Moon because of its exquisite details and descriptions. Each and every sentence is captivating and engaging; the details and the descriptions make the book more intense. The complicated characters and clear details and descriptions all come from the Author herself who wrote many different books such as The witch’s boy, and the Iron hearted Violet. Reading this book will make you feel like you're in the book with the characters.

Wow......

My ELA teacher made us read this and its just kinda bad. plot confusing, characters boring, and diolouge unnatural to how people actually talk also the writing (like who the author describes things) is absoulutly terrible. IM DISAPPOINTED IF I COULD RATE LOWER I WOULD

I think this book is ok, but i expected better

So noice

This is so cool! 1. Fyrian is so cute! So is Luna! I LITTERALLY LOVE EVERY CHARACTAR THAT'S ON THE GOOD SIDE

Long book that totally wastes your time

When I found out my sister's 4th grade teacher was reading this book to her, I was shocked. This book is very negative, violent, and almost everyone is out of there minds! This starts with annually leaving kids in the forest, and scaring them with a witch that is actually a good witch. And when a kid who tried to speak up about the scam, he was threatened to be fed to the witch. The only normal people were the witch, and a girl named Luna. Her mother went so crazy about sacrificing Luna, that the people had to lock her up in a tower. So I say don't waste your time reading a violent, sad, and potentially disturbing book.

Its great, except for 2 things

I love this book, it explores a new world but at the same time connects with our world and style of government. I greatly dislike Luna, that's my opinion. I understand she is incapable of understanding until she is 13, but once she turns thirteen, she is very stupid and irresponsible. I also despise the quick turn of events every 2 pages or so. Its quite a drag.

its ok

its not bad at the start but as you get closer to the end it gets sad and there is too much violence and its sad when they talk about the brother and the end

Can be hard to read, but an amazing story!

Hello! So when I read this story, I loved it! I really liked the plot, and the characters were written well. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because sometimes it was a little bit hard to understand. But a great read, with great role models! I really enjoyed the book because it’s an amazing fantasy.

Love it

This book is incredible and is a must read! It is really interesting and is a great fantasy novel. It reminds me the tiniest bit of The Giver. Please give this a try! You won’t regret it!