All teen and kid member reviews for The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel

Teen, 13 years old Written bySenorita Rita October 14, 2009

Why all the "iffy" reviews??

Lookie here, I'm not even going to put concerns and highlights. This series is a bunch of hilarious books about teenage girls who are completely obsessed with their appearances and are rude to girls who are apparently "not pretty enough" or "not fashionable enough". Lisi has made this series, but does she really promote these girls' behaviors? I don't think so. An AWESOME series, I could read those books all day. Anyone with common sense would know that these girls are fictional and that they shouldn't have an effect on reality. I highly reccomend this book for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written by889790 April 23, 2011

A great read for teens

I personally love The Clique series!!! They are a great guilty-pleasure, and actually have a positive, but almost hidden, message, because Lisi Harrison obviously is making fun of materialistic girls who are snobby. However, Lisi does a great job of understanding teens, and I ended up loving all the girls in these books! This series is probably not appropriate for girls who don't yet understand that these books are poking fun at snobby girls, and won't find the real message. Also, this particular book is one of the more inappropriate if the series. Over all, I love these books and am very sad that the series is over!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 30, 2011

for tweens to learn about what not to do and stay away

i read this book when i was 10. and im still reading the series

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlley B August 20, 2010

Fun, easy read

This is a good series if you are looking for a quick "junk food" read for a teen. However, there are a few concerns: the ideas about rich girls and popular cliques is appealing to most girls because they want to be "just like that". Whatever satire this book was meant to portray is completely lost in the enthusiastic, slightly obsessive way the author writes about these girls' wealthy, pampered lifestyles. A fun choice for a teen girl if you are up for discussions on bullying and cliques.

Kid, 12 years old Written byGaga4GaGa March 14, 2011

Common Sense is too harsh!!

The Clique is a great series!!! It's better than what Common Sense makes it out to be, trust me. I've read every book and absolutely adored each one. Boys R Us is probably my favorite. Or P.S. I Loathe You. Or My Little Phony. Or Bratfest at Tiffany's. Oh, I just love them all.

Teen, 13 years old Written byclarinet293 November 16, 2010

I loved this series and I love this whole series!!

Kid, 12 years old Written byanimalover23 July 27, 2010

perfect for tweens/young teens

i heart this series!! lisi's an ah-mazing writer! i just finished sealed with a diss.

Kid, 12 years old Written bysandwichlova September 12, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeacelovecutie February 1, 2011

Great book!

I love this book and every other book in the Clique series. It teaches you about bullying from both girls' perspective. It even shows the insecure side of a girl who seems totally confident, to remind girls that everyone is insecure at some time, even if they don't appear so. I even managed to stop hating Massie after I read the first few books! This book isn't just about cliquey, preppy junior high girls that compete for popularity and act snobby to keep at the top. It's revealed that not everything revolves around being popular. There's no need to worry about this! The consumerism and all is just fun to play with. It's not like it's a big commercial to get girls to buy designer clothes.

I would've rated this as a 9+ book, but I don't think 9-year-olds would understand everything in this book. It's more like a book for pre-teens and tweens.

Kid, 12 years old Written byminniemouse11 August 13, 2010

Early teen read

I myself love the clique series. If your kids know not to act that way then your fine. No real girls are really like that. A couple of bad comments, like one about a boy who sticks his cell phones under girls skirts. Not good. But thats really the only bad thing. Plus the girls are rich and spoiled another minus for the book. If you are willing to overlook those minor issues then its great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byGhillie December 26, 2010

How Not to Act

These books are good if girls get that it is making fun of mean girls. They have a lot of examples of how to stand up for yourself, and Claire is a good role model. The Pretty Committee is an example of "how not to act". I love this book!

Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2011

Great Book!

This book is great! You need to know if your kid is mature, because this book talks about boob jobs, and whatnot. It has some crude humor (girls fake-laughing about not taking overweight people lightly) and it talks about something being hell. That is the only cuss word I have seen in this book so far, though.

Kid, 12 years old Written bymovielover12 July 16, 2010

Good for older kids; not great role models

The Clique series is awesome! They are very entertaining and enjoyable. I've read these books many times. The role models really aren't good but it's actually funny how competitive they get and how catty they are. There is some bad language and a couple more sexual references but other than those things their really good books and it's interesting to see how the fix things and try to always be on top. Good series for older kids

Kid, 12 years old Written byLoveBunny August 11, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bylilsharpayxox April 9, 2008

a must read for every girl!!

COME ON! EVRY1 LOVES THIS BOOK! I'VE LENT IT TO SEVERAL FRIENDS AND THEY ALL ARE WAITING FOR MORE!!!!!!!LUV IT!
Done. Done. And Done!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAmezzzzz April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bygreekbrat92 April 9, 2008

funny and interesting! :)

I think this book was funny, and very interesting. I have read all of the clique novels. I dont know why every one is freaking out with all the brand names and high-end products. This book isnt unrealistic as some people put it because there are people with that kind of money in this world. I think this is a great read for preteens and teenagers. I dont think that it should be a big issue that the girls have a lot of money and use it!;)It isnt surprising that there are people that rich in this world! i mean people WAKE UP!

Teen, 15 years old Written bycoldsilverfire April 9, 2008

This is a MUST read book for any girls in junior high!!!

im 13 and i read this book and i loved it. definitely one of the best books ever. its good for girls 11 12 or 13 or in junior high. its a very cool book but it doesnt really have any lessons to teach, but its a good book if you just wanna read somethimng. i really recommed this book. its has many issues that i can totally relate to.

Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverclm April 9, 2008

A younger version of Gossip Girl

The cattiness of the characters is undoubtable and the name dropping of everything from Yves Saint Laurent to Red Bull is definitly represented on almost every page. The ever apparent sexuality in Gossip Girl is lost and the most sexual they get are causual jokes about viginity. For pre-teens (9-11) I would caution fro the simple they might not reconize the designer labels but still suitable for most pre-teens and older.

Teen, 15 years old Written byL0VE_C0UTURE April 9, 2008

love this book

i loved all the books in the series and i dont know why some people might think its "inappropriate"or something like that. mentioning the names of expensive brands and talking about friend problems is not "exposing our little ears to bad things" or anything. all the girls in my class have read this book and most of us loved it. this was a great book and i think everyone should read it.