All teen and kid member reviews for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written byGunnarman February 12, 2010

One of the best books ever made. Dead Serious.

This book is simply amazing. I have read all of The Chronicles of Narnia, and this one is the best by far. C.S. Lewis is one of the best writers in all of history. This book is great fantasy and if you don't like fantasy at all, then you won't like this. It is pure fantasy and is a great storie for children. When I first heard the storie as a little kid, I was just stunned. Highly recommended.

Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

transparent, but lovable

yeah, it's totally obvious that aslan is jesus. not subtle and all. but despite that (and i'm not even christian!) i still loved this book. my whole family got really into it one summer, so warning: get into it as much as you like, but no matter how good the author makes turkish delight sound, do yourself a favor and don't go out and try it. it is so, so gross.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymtv2girl February 22, 2010

HORRIBLE

i thought it was a horrible book i hated it. i really didn't get it.

Kid, 12 years old Written byBlack_drama13 April 9, 2008

A MUST READ FOR ALL AGES

I love this book so much i have read it like 7 times. If your into fantasy you will love this book. even if you hate fantasy you will love this book

Kid, 10 years old Written byIlvooks June 6, 2010

Perfect 4 all ages7+

I love this book!!!! tons of action. It is a classic!

Kid, 8 years old September 29, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byphantomphan April 9, 2008

Wonderful

A very good book, if slow paced at times.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylilnekocat June 3, 2010

Kid, 11 years old Written byreadthosebooks May 17, 2011

Promise a great BOOK!

Try this BOOK!
It is about four children (otherwise known as the children of eve and adam) falling into a wardrobe and coming out into a beautiful snowy forest.
Help Peter, Lucy, Susan and Edward face dwarfs, centaurs, lions, witches, beavers, and much more exciting adventured filled things!

Kid, 12 years old Written byashley54396 May 12, 2010

I actually liked the book. At first I thought I was not going to like it.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I feel so bad about saying it.....but I didn't like it.....

I feel bad about saying it, because C.S. Lewis seems to have so many fans, but I didn't really like the book. I read it when I was 9 for a class project and was not very impressed. I understood it perfectly and thought the language was excellent, but I guess it was just too imaginative for me. It lacked, in my opinion, a way to make it entirely believable. Sorry all you C.S. Lewis fans! Unfortunately, I just didn't fall under the spell.

Kid, 11 years old Written bypercyjacksonfreak July 21, 2009

Perfect for anyone over 6 years old!!

I love this book AND the movie. I really recomend reading this with your child especially if you are a first time reader. Otherwise I really recomend reading it as many times as you want!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old Written bysims2freak2 April 9, 2008

C.S. Lewis is the best

C.S. Lewis is the best auther there is. he is dead ( i wish he wasnt ) but i think he would proud of this comment. he made all those books for a reason im sure. by what the books are about, i think he is one of the strongest cristian ( besides jesus ) that ever lived!

Kid, 12 years old Written bybug821 April 9, 2008

Great Series, dont miss!

These books are practically classics and some that you DONT want to miss. I should say that children should be allowed to read them at 8 and up because then they can reread them till they are much older. There is absolutly nothing wrong or truly violent about these books.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycinderilla7 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bypuppyest08 April 9, 2008

A MUST READ!

This book is simply wonderful. Exciting and teaches a lesson, this book is memerable. Great for any one ages five and up. I give this book two thumbs up!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMelon Buggy April 9, 2008

I loved the book and the Movie

The thing i most liked was the part when peter really becomes a king and battles the witch. They did a great job filming it and it was a beautiful book only a little violent. not at all awful or bad. IT WAS TOTALLY WICKEDLY AWESOME. I wish i could watch it again and i'm doing it for my book report

Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Omg

It is HORRIBLE to say that this book has no action, and to say "If you're going to write it again" and "don't use such old fashioned language" is ignorant. C.S. Lewis is one of the most amazing writers that has ever been, and he wrote the book in the early 1900's. This book is a complete masterpeice, and any kid should be encouraged to read it all the way.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

an awesum book!!!!

i absolutely LOVED it its just such a great book!!! everyone must read it and the rest of the series...my personal favorite is the voyage of the dawn treader, but this one comes into close second!! this book was written a really long time ago and the movie was just made. always, ALWAYS read the book before you watch the movie! the ice crack wasnt in the book as well as some other things it was added into the movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written bySAR April 9, 2008

Great for kids

I love the entire Narnia series! Wardrobe was the first one I read when I was around 8 yrs. old, and I still like to reread them. Great for all ages!