Parent reviews for The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2

The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2 Poster Image

Personally, this was my favorite book in the series because it, like the first book, dealt with Greek mythology, which I love a lot! Also, I can relate to the mentally-challenged character Tyson because I am autistic and I believe that he may be as well.

The sae of monster

This book was about how a group of teenage boys and girl went on a mission to find a cure for thalia so the border that keeped camp of half bloods will be safe will be gone for ever and all the monsters in the greek mythology will be able to go into the school and kill the last of the greek gods children. While going into this mission one the demigods luck captured grover that lead to percey finding his half brother that is a cyclopes. While that missions continues on luck releases cronus and the prophecy of one of the childs of the three main god has to kill and cronus while doing so he or she will either die or live. One of the central conflicts of the story is how percy and annabeth and tyson have to go on a mission to find their best friend grover and have to find luke before he releases cronus . i thought this book was alright because i'm personally not a huge fan of this book but i also don't like to read so i think it was a good book. I will recommend this book to kids or teens that like history as their favorite subject.

The Sea of Monsters

Camp half blood was in danger. Percy was having dreams of Grover being captured. Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson disobeyed Mr.D and went to save Grover. Clarisse brought the golden fleece back and they brought Grover back. The tree that was Thalia turned into a human. Percy struggled against Luke about Thalia the tree being poisoned. In the book it said that Luke had poisoned the tree of Thalia to destroy Camp Half Blood. The theme is don't judge on how someone looks judge them on how they act. In the book there is a cyclops called Tyson and he was described like big monster but Tyson acted like hero. Tyson saved Percy and his friends from Polyphemus the cyclops. I thought the book was good because Tyson risked his life to save his friends. Tyson put his friends first than his life. Tyson saved everyone from the big mean cyclops. I also thought the book was good because everyone helped each other to save Grover even though some people didn't want to save him. Everyone in Camp Half Blood wanted to save Grover. I would recommend this book to other people because it talks about how friends help each other in the good or bad times. In the book it said that when the camp was in danger the people in the camp were sure that the camp was going to be saved with the golden fleece. I will also recommend this book to other people because it talks about never giving up on saving one of your friends. In the book Percy never gave up on saving Grover. I choose the age 12 and up because it talks about monsters attacking other people. Kids that are in 12 and up are not going to get scared. Kids in 12 are going to understand why the monsters are attacking the people. I also choose the age 12 and up because they will understand how the gods are connected to the tree of Thalia. Thalia is the daughter of Zeus. I choose 5 stars because the book shows people how to work together. Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson work together to save Grover. Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson worked together to get the golden fleece. I also choose 5 stars because it shows to never give up on someone. Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson never gave up on looking for Grover. I choose great role models because Percy is a great role model. Percy saved Grover from the cyclops and brought back the fleece. I also choose great role models because Tyson is one of the great role models. Tyson helped save Grover by fighting the cyclops. I choose great messages because it shows you to be confident. Percy was confident to succeed on his adventure to save Grover. Another great message is to fight for what is right. Tyson fought the cyclops to bring back Grover and the fleece. Tyson fought for what was right for him. I choose educational value because the book talks about the Greek gods. In social studies you learn about the Greek gods. The Greek gods are educational value you will learn. I didn't choose too much violence, too much sex, too much swearing, too much consumerism, too much drinking, drugs, smoking because the book didn't have any of those things.

Book Review: Percy Jackson The Sea of Monsters

I think this book is twelve and up I say this because it is a little mature. I rate this book four stars because it is really good and it explains everything in detail. I would really recommend it to people but you should read the first book. I really like the book because it has a lot of action. I recommend this book to people that like stories that have Gods and action. You should really read this book. You should read the first one if you haven't. I really liked this book that is why i rated four stars.
Some violence, mild cursing with words like retard, darn, hell, stupid, damn, idiot, etc. A mention of wine and cocaine. Some sadness about Annabeth and Luke. Overall an excellant book!

THE BEST BOOK EVAAAAA

I think it might be just a tiny tiny inappropiate but still ,it has an awesome plot,well-planned, great choice of villains and heroes and a good heroic ending, it cant get any better!It doesnt involve any romance!only one time annabeth gave percy a PECK on the cheek! But rick should at least lower down the levels of violence.The last sentence left me enthusiastic don't you think? I can't wait for what's next!Parent's this book is not an issue but for 9 and under yes

really good book, i recomend you to read it.

This book is really good, I highly recommend this book for kids and teens of all ages. It is a fun book to read and the messages are fantastic. On the other side I recommend to have read the first book before this one because it will make more sense, a better understanding and lots of emotion. I didn't give it 5 stars because even if the story was complete, it deserved more details and description. looking fiercely foward to reading the third book "the titans curse".

I enjoyed the story, and it's action packed. The biggest problem is with the way the demigods were conceived. There is a lot of talk about the gods sleeping with humans to make the demigods. Until your child is ready to understand babies out of marriage, this book isn't for him.

shorter than the others