Kid reviews for The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2

The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2 Poster Image

Only Gets Better From Here

In my opinion, Sea of Monsters is the worst of the original series, but that's only because the rest of the books are so good! The series gets progressively better, so keep reading! There's about the same amount of violence as the first one.

Amazing

The book honestly is amazing! It does have a little violence as most of the Percy Jackson books do, it does reference a woman turning a child into a rodent, but overall it is amazing! There is fighting, that's why I recommend it for ages 10 and up, if your very relious and christian then I don't reccomend. It does talk about greek gods and goddess, and says false cuss words.

Awesome fantasy!!!

This is an awesome book if you like Greek myths, sword fighting, monsters and adventure. This is the second book in the series. Percy Jackson, the main character, is a demi-God. A demi-God is a child of a Greek God or Godess that is married to a human. That makes them half God so they still have half the power of a God but they can't live forever. This book is about someone poisoning the tree that makes sure no monsters can come into the only safe place for demi-Gods - aka Camp Halfblood. They have to go looking for something to heal the tree and on their journey they sword fight lots of monsters. I really like the book. I read it five times. I recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy and surprises!!!

It's a great book!

Not as interesting as the others in my opinion, but it all gets better from here! Truly an awesome book it just dulls in comparison to the others.

Absolutely amazing. The fact that this is my least favorite Percy Jackson book really speaks to the quality of the series. The humor is on point, the action is fun, and its a promising sequal to the book before. The only thing that drags it down is that there isn't enough Grover, and the plot is a bit less interesting. We do get some great Percabeth moments tho, as well as great set up for the rest of the series. I would recommend it to anyone who has read the first book and is wanting to read the others.

The BEST book I've ever read!

Amazing you should read it, it's my favorite book :D

Best Book!

Great book, would recommend reading the first one before this book. Easy way for kids to learn about Greek mythology.

Epic... loved it! Definitely recommend!