Kid reviews for Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson Poster Image

READ THISS

I read this book when I was 13 and I honestly thought it was really nice .It has got many mature themes such as the lgbtq+, sex, swearing .etc. This book was impossible to put down(but I obviously had to go tp the washroom and things like that but you get what I mean..) I read in less than 24 hours started at 8.00p.m and finished it at 4.00a.m odd. You should read this book if you are above 13 although I do not recommend this to younger readers 1)because their is a lot of swear used in this book but obviously nothing that a middle school won't know of2)there is a lot of boy girl talk and sex .

my favorite book!

many parents wouldn't let their kids have this book because of cursing. and also the fact that there is a gay person and people are homophobic. but, i'm 11, and i love this book. you should get it for your kid

Will Greyson, will greyson

I really loved this book! I find most John Green books boring to read but interesting to think about at the end. This one I was actually entertained with reading. The ending felt really satisfying and (SPOILER WARNING) I lowkey ship Will and Gideon. I also just want to say how beautiful the ending is and how awesome one Tiny Cooper is. The book talked about sex and jerking off a lot, though no one actually does it. I was surprised by the amount of depression thoughts that occurred so be aware if that kind of stuff is triggering to you. Other than that please do read this book cause it was so darn good and I loved it very very much and it doesn't use as many big words as most John Green books do. (Also side note this book was written in 2011 and I only say that cause they would make references to closing phones or fliping them open and I was like "wait what." They would also say things about a guys "partner" (he was gay) and it took me a moment to realize that gay marriage wasn't leagal when this book was written. It's just something I noticed.)

Realistic, and pretty great

Okay I really love this book it was a ton of fun too read. Now I was reading many other reviews and there were a few I just disagreed with, many things I saw was a lot of complaints for the amount of swearing. Now let me tell you this, kids swear a lot, going through middle school almost every kid swears, this book is not an exaggeration of that in the slightest. This book has many really great messages, and I would absolutely suggest reading this. Now let me just say, no this book is not for everyone, I would recommend this to more mature readers, as there are quite a few mature themes covered in this book.

Two great authors, one great book

I saw so many reviews saying that David Levithan's portion of the book (writing as Will Grayson) was edgy, and, yeah, that's the point. He's a gay teen suffering from clinical depression, and his only happiness comes from his boyfriend, who he only knows via email and IM. From this perspective, expect heartbreak, the depths of depression, references to masturbation, and one scene where he sexts his boyfriend. This last one is explicit, but not as much as you might think since they don't do it seriously, but as a joke. As for John Green's portion of the book (writing as Will Grayson), there is a romance that includes flirting, kissing, and nothing sexual. Overall, this book is an absolute blast. You'll probably love it!

Will Grayson be good? Yes, yes it will.

That was a really bad joke, and I'm sorry. Anyways, this book was really good, and I liked it. I really like Tiny's character (Will's a bit less), and thought that the plot was very fun and entrataning. I would really suggest this book!

Profane but beautiful story

As other reviews have said, there is a lot of swearing in this book and may be a bit overwhelming. One of the Wills struggles with depression but it really will have you crying one minute and laughing the next. Will Grayson, Will Grayson is a beautiful story of love, acceptance, and being yourself. I recommend it for mature readers.

A M A Z I N G

this is an amazing heartwarming story about two boys named will grayson. a little raunchy in some parts also some foul language. other than that is an amazing book that i would recommend to all my friends

funny, clever and special

a definite page-turner, had me laughing and almost crying, just overall amazing