All teen and kid member reviews for Wings

Teen, 14 years old Written byBeautiful0192654 May 11, 2010

I loved wings! The only thing I didn't like was the end, because they just left me hanging :(

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 June 14, 2011

I couldn't put it down

I loved this book. The writing is so beautiful and the story is enchanting. It's not too inappropriate, but it's got some PG-13 content that's probably not appropriate for kids under 12 (it's a bit iffy for 11 year olds). There is a lot of violence at the end, and it's kind of gruesome; necks are snapped, people are choked, someone tries to drown a faerie and a boy, etc. There isn't a lot of sexual stuff; there are some passionate kisses, and there were minor references to sex and periods. There are a few uses of "h-ll" and "d*mn", and one "s-t". They did mention some alcoholic beverages, like Brandy and Morphine, but it's used on a sick man.

Kid, 12 years old Written byfluffy llama May 4, 2011

Pretty good

I love this book, but they refer to sex multiple times. i loved the story, but it said a curse word and used an inapripriate phrase a couple of times. overall the story was great. thanks for putting a twist on the fairy(faerie)!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... June 26, 2011

Couldn't ask for a better book!!!

This book was so amazing, I literally couldnt put it down! I took the book everywhere I went, waiting until I was no longer needed to read it, if only even for a few seconds. Every word was intricately placed to form a beautiful master piece about faeries (the same as fairies), romance, adventure, and, if you can stretch your imagination, even a little mystery. I'll be honest and admit that I cried a little (that's a good thing, not a bad thing). The main character's mom had her daughter drink Sprite, but the book also said that Sprite was "empty calories". It was kind of brutal and harsh when people's necks were snapped. Periods are touched on two times(I'd hardly they could be called "discussions"), and the discussion of sex wasnt too bad, and I'm very sensitive to things like that. But that one part about sex was pretty insignificant, so if you just skip over it, it's no big deal. I've read the second and third books, which were as incredible as the first, and everyone knows that sequals (and trequals?) are usually not as great as the first. I'm so glad that Common Sense Media recommended it for me! THANK YOU!

Kid, 12 years old Written bycellist7158 April 18, 2010

Awesome!!!!!!!!

I just finished reading this and i loved it. The reason they use morphine in it is because her dad is DYING! Get over it! It was either him dying or him being saved by medicine.

Kid, 12 years old Written bydasiygirl18 August 31, 2009

If you liked Twilight, this is the book for you.

I loved this book. I could not put it down. It was great. If you liked Twilight, this is the book for you. ANd just to let you know, I've heard that this is the first book in the series.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBookLover2 April 11, 2010

Fantastic book! Great for ALL ages!

This is a great book!

I don't understand why discussion of periods is considered bad? It happens to every girl even at the age of 10. Oh, and they kiss! Call the police!! I just don't get it sorry.

Teen, 13 years old Written byI_love_life November 10, 2010

Depending on how mature you are and maybe 13+ can be mature enough

This book is sooo good. I reallly loved it.I Think this book's plot is similar to twilight's plot so i read it instead of reading twilight because my mom won't let me read twilight. Anyway the book depends on how mature you are and not age.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytrustme August 19, 2010

my concerns.

This is a good read, though it has some violent messages. Its best for ages 12-13.

Kid, 11 years old Written bylozzie98 April 12, 2010

perfect for tweens ages 10and up

Its very good, only their is some iffy stuff in the middle

Teen, 13 years old Written bykittykoo April 3, 2010

Wow

great book finnished in 2 day. luv it but, i just wish the kisses were discribed better lol
great book.

Teen, 15 years old Written byYuna52 August 17, 2009

Good book for Tweens and up.

Well I think the cover design is product placement for Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, the story within is very good nonetheless. As well it's similar to Twilight, it says much more in a lot less pages while being better written. It also handles similar situations in a better manner such as the love triangle and the mythology. I think it's a good story for 13+ because it's involving faeries, love, and a little adventure while not being dragged on or boring. Laurel, I can see as a somewhat good role model as when she enters into high school she doesn't change who she is and surrounds herself with people who accept her for that. Even though it does get a little violent and Morphine is used once on a sick man, I think it's a good read for tweens, involving fairies, while being interesting enough for teens and some adults too.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaless_guth April 10, 2011

Very slow at first, but it gets so much better!

Good intriging read. im 13 and i am loving the book, even though i am hafe way through it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySmoothie971 December 17, 2010

Good book for 11+. Like Twilight, a bit more appropriate.

This is a good book, and the common sense media review basically tells you everything :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byXxvampiressxX September 4, 2010

i love this book it is just so great and the second part spells is also great

Kid, 10 years old Written byEarlyBirdCatche... August 27, 2009

Good For Tweens

Well, I read this book myself, and I approved it for ages 11+, it had some sexual references and Morphine use. But I can't wait to see what other books Aprilynne Pike comes up with.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFashionDiva January 3, 2011

Couldn't put it down :)

I thought it was a very good book, I really like the fantasy genre. My friend and I were looking for new reading material in Barnes and Noble and I told her she should read "Wings" so she bought it, and she finished it in two days. She told me all about how she couldn't put it down and I told I was the same way. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byJTDB January 5, 2013

Pretty good book - very appropriate

This was a pretty good book. It seems quite like a typical fantasy type romance book but it has a twist on our traditional view of the mystical creatures, in this case, faeries and trolls.
Totally appropriate apart from one four letter word starting with f which is only used once. Also there is some kissing but that is only a very small part of the story.
The book leaves in you in suspense, wonder and overall enjoyement.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_lover98 April 21, 2011

SERIOUSLY??? BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

This book is FINE! The language is really not an issue, kids these days drop the f bomb, and yet we are worried about a s***?! And sexual content? Like there is any! Yeah so a couple makeout? Big deal! Children these talk about so much more before even the third grade! This website treats children like babies, half theses things we already know about!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub April 24, 2011