Parent reviews for Battlefield Heroes

Battlefield Heroes Poster Image

I'm 18, this is for parents.

My 8 year old brother plays this game and as far as the core-game content goes, kids could play this and be just fine (I'm 18 years old and I had a little bit of fun). Now when I say "core-game content," I mean the basis of what the game is. It has mild cartoon violence, but contains no blood, gore, or dramatic death scenes. However, if you look at the ratings for online games like this closely they will say something along the lines of, "content and interactions in online game play are NOT RATED by the ESRB." This is because the game's developers and the game rating agencies such as the Entertainment Software Rating Board cannot tell you how the people your children will play with online will be as appropriate as the game was intended to be. This is to say that some of these kids have a mouth on them reminiscent of R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket, and some might not even be kids. In the few times I've played or watched my younger brother play this game, its not long before I start to see some stars in the in game chat bar (the plus-side being the game has a censorship system and censors out all inappropriate words or phrases, any variations, and all the "tricks" people use to get around them). Similarly, you always find the guy who gets angry and calls others names, whether their intentions are malicious or in a playful nature. I know these things because I myself do it on other games. In my opinion, the most worrisome issue a parent might have would be their financial security. If your child does not use a credit/debit/etc. card to purchase credits to buy different characters, weapons, outfits, etc. in the game, then you should be fine. If your child does use one however, pay attention to your finances because you rarely should fear a hacker, you should fear your own child unknowingly purchasing things (my brother has done this). When someone says someone is "hacking" or is a "hacker" in the game, this simply means they are using something of a cheat code to get ahead in the game which is against the rules. I'm not a parent, just an observant older brother, so I can't tell you how to parent your children. I'm just here to educate.

i love this game for my son because, its o.k. for his age, there is NO blood, and safty and swearing is not a problem.