Kid reviews for Battlefield Heroes

Battlefield Heroes Poster Image

Less Violent

Battlefield Heroes is a great online cartoonish style game. It's free and less violent than games like Call Of Duty, which is a good contrast. The game is online which of course means players can give out personal information and swear. However I think mature 12 year olds can handle the game very well. I am 12 and love EA's Battlefield Heroes.

Battlefield Heroes is awesome!

its okay but violent as it includes guns, but on certain aspects like the War Room that was recently added. Is really cool as it shows tactical thinking on which battle to take part in. and when it comes to blood as far as i have played it I haven't seen any.

Great for 10 and up!

Great for people who Want to play shooters but thier parents are very cautious ( like my parents ) the vilonce is mild and non-brutal . People do find tricks to making bad words like spacing each letter

Not violent, but...

So Battlefield Heroes is a game that you can not in any way compare with other Violent game like BF3 and COD. It's extremely cartoony, does not contain any blood and has a sense of humour that lightens up the atmosphere while playing. That's why i'd normally say 10, however: -At 10, it is easy for a kid to get addicted, particularly to a game like Battlefield Heroes. It can be hard for parents to limit the amount of time the child plays. -At first, you'd think Battlefield Heroes is totally free and you can easily have a good time without spending money. But non-paying players have a huge dis-advantage on this game. Bad weapons, ugly clothes... The child will first beg you to spend 5 uros on the game. If you don't accept, he'll try to find a way of paying behind your back and if he does find way, you'd be surprised by the amount of money they'll spend... -Battlefield Heroes has an in-game chat, in witch you can quickly write a message for everyone to see it. It sais it blocks profanity, but this can easily be dodged by replacing letters with numbers and other techniques. So i recommend my age, 13, but it all depends on how mature your kid is.

A great game, realy passes the hours.

Its a great game it is a cartoon 3rd person shooter kids under 10 might want to play it but I would not advise it if they are not mature, as if they over react to someone who is better than them the community people tend to point fingers it has no blood and the guns have names like 'Tommys typewriter' these obviously based on the Tommy gun, most weapons have real life equivalents. there is three army classes so there is sure to be something they are good at. there is two armies the 'Nationals' who are based on the Germans and Russians and then there is the 'Royals' based on the Americans and the British there is nothing considered offensive (like Nazi salutes or offensive language [this is "bleeped out" using '****']) both teams are equal just have different styling on the clothes and weapons the royals wear greens whites and browns and the nations wear greys reds and black some browns. There is things called 'emotes' they are little funny gestures the players can make to one another these range from things like doing the Mexican hat dance on the trumpet or laughing, nothing offensive.

TF2 Was better

Game qualities are actully pretty terrible. And the only things you can get forever are your own items without paying, the starter. Its a little violent, no blood, but still violent. Not my favorite

Battlefeild Heroes: A great toned-down shooter

Battlefield Heroes is a cartoon-style shooter game aimed at a middle to younger teenage group. Battlefield Heroes is a cool game because it takes elements from mature shooters like Call of Duty and the Battlefield series (which kids/teens want) but is majorly toned down (which parents want). When players are shot there is no blood, and when you are killed your character simply flops to the ground. Players can use the cartoonish style to their advantage but jumping on the wings of moving planes, using abilities to throw tanks, and other unrealistic actions. This game has contests where participants can try to win costumes, golden weapons and more. One of the few downsides to Battlefield Heroes is that even though the game is "free to play" the characters are given only basic items to start with, and if you wish to upgrade your character you will have to pay out of pocket. These upgrades are very decently priced though and it will cost a very small amount to make a very good character. This game is toned down, but it is still a shooter, and parents need to talk to their children about the violence in game.

OK

This game is REALLY for 8 year olds because it has NO blood And is something for kids to hold onto before they are 11 or twelve

An entertaining game

This is a very good game! From my experience of battlefield heroes (bfh), I would say it it more teenage orientated. I know people on bfh as young as 11 and as old as 19. This game is free to play, but if you want to customize or get new weapons for your avatar you will have to pay by using an in-game currency called "play for free funds".(it used to be called "battlefunds", but changed in early 2012 to "play for free funds"!) A ninja suit cost me 8,999 play for free funds- which is equivalent to €9. There is no blood or bruising in the game, and cussing is not a problem as the player will be kicked from the server. If your not interested in fighting, you can always go to the "unranked servers" which means there is no killing allowed (players who kill will be kicked or banned from the unranked server), people go to the unranked servers to have fun, explore the games maps, chat and to just mess around with emotes and widgets! The graphics quality is ok, its not a very detailed game. Since 2012 new games have been introduced to bfh including "capture the flag","rocket launch" etc. Overall, its a very entertaining game, not very detailed, can cost you if you want to customize, but in my opinion, its worth playing!

Fun game,but be careful

My biggest concern isnt violence,which is very cartoonish.My problem with this game, is that it,like most free games, constantly motivates players to pay money in order to get better weapons,gear etc.The more you play,the more you want to buy something.So, parents dont be taken by surprise if you discover that money is missing from your credit card.Also,theres the option to chat with other players.Generally,though,Battlefield Heroes is a good,fun shooter.