All parent member reviews for BioShock 2

Parent of a 13 year old Written bytrustedreviewman February 9, 2010

NO KIDS? Why does i say that above?

This game is alot less worse than the first one. It says "blood gushes from wounds," the blood is so mild that the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) didn't even bother to put "and gore" on the rating. Language got you iffy, while in the game if you pause it go down to Voice Volume and set it to 0. Sexual themes shouldn't even be a descriptor, it's so mild that even the Legend of Zelda has some of these "Sexual Themes."

Adult Written bymirandaclara.s October 17, 2010

Better for high school kids, not so much for children.

Although there is a wonderful story line, the violence in this game prevents me from putting this as an 'on'. Some parts can be a tad bit frightening thus I'd recommended it for teenagers and older.

Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byhuffmanclan July 14, 2010

Great game, but not for kids.

We have this game and as adults we love it, but we don't even play it until the children are asleep. Its a very dark game. If nothing else it would give them nightmares. Teens and up only for this game.

Adult Written bygamenerd323 February 15, 2010

Not nearlly as interesting, well-written, scary or as fun as bioshcok 1

This sequal is actually quite mild, not nearlly as scary, the sex is at a minimum, less blood, less bad language and overall a less scary expierence. While there is still plenty of violence, the game is really not that bad and there is little to no drug/tabbaco/alcohal use with the exception of the occasional fine gin that can be consumed. But the plot is not half as good as the one in bioshcok 1. Overall I recommend it for teens.

Adult Written byHandyman34 April 17, 2010

Very Well-Made Game, However It May be Too Scary for Kids

Both the single player mode and online multiplayer mode are enjoyable and interesting. The only reason I think this game was given the "M" rating is because at times it is dark and creepy. The only other thing parents may be concerned with is the violence, but it is nothing over-the-top. There is blood, but no dismemberments. It should be okay for most 13 year olds.

Adult Written byWWorriedmom February 17, 2010

The only thing about the game is it uses some profane language but if your child does not speak like this and he knows it's wrong it's not a problem. The strip club doesn't really show anything so it is not a big deal

Parent of a 10 year old Written bySpidy February 10, 2010

bioinjectionb

i love this game because its name is bioshock lmao

Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic July 17, 2011

A good game!

I find nothing wrong with this game at all!I don't once again understand why common sense has to say all this stuff about it!yes I know maybe some other parents might hesitate on letting there kids play this game but I don't think there's nothing wrong with it at all.yes language and violence.but my son is a kid and he's mature and that's why I let him play the game.once again I have no problem with it.it has a positive message about freedom and in some ways a father/daughter kind of role between Eleanor and delta.actually from what I seen my son play it is in some ways a emotional game as well especially with the endings!you should never judge something so quickly!

Parent Written byPlague May 11, 2010

Bioshock 2

Brilliantly made, and highly addictive. Teens and adults will love it.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bythemonkeynessking June 6, 2010

Parent of a 17 year old Written byjanglebyte March 4, 2010

game of the year?

the graphics in this game are just astonishing i won the game here www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin4064521252363431 it only took me a month!

Parent of a 11, 14, and 16 year old Written byaphough February 20, 2010

not feeling it

not feeling the love but i trust my kids

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 8, 2010

A very frightening and violent game.

Bioshock is a really popular game. But its not for kids. The violence is extreme, With lots of blood and drilling. Not for the faint hearted. Its one of the most violent first person shooters that exist, Its around about the Dead space level, Its too violent for most immature people. Sexual content is only suggestive, and you won't notice much. Language has a certain amount but not severe. Drugs are terrible in this. Lots of injections. Its mature

Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

Bioshock 2

Decent game but it is very violent, has some curse words here and there, and the player can pick up alcohol and tobacco products. Violence is the largest issue and includes suicide in one of the opening cut-scenes.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bythe bobo February 14, 2010

good game for big kids but not for little kids

put your review 9+ not not for kids there is bad word but tern of th speakers voices or get the demo if there is one then tou can decide

Parent Written bylolboy55 January 15, 2013

13+ and over

bioshock is a fun game but may be violent or scary or bad words but its fun for 13 years and up!

Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byJonathan wood April 4, 2014

Violent but complex shooter

This is a violent shooter which I would normally never let my child play. However he is a very mature kid and can deal with this and this isn't just a dumb call of duty shooter but very clever. He will wont be able to play in front if his sister though.

Parent Written bysplicernamedjoe April 8, 2012

Bioshock 2 is better for kids that Viva Pinata

This is great for kids because you get to shoot lots of things and save little girls.

Parent Written byTaCTiCaLxReFLeX March 7, 2012

Language is pretty frequent

Fun Game, just a few problems though....... Language is kinda rough frequent use of F*** and S***. a few posters with suggestively dressed women and there is a Strip Club, nothing happens in the club though.