Parent reviews for Cars

Cars Poster Image

Will be enjoyed by people of all ages!

I’m an adult and I still play this game to this day! It is one of the greatest video games I have ever encountered! I recommend it to kids, teens, and even adults, but the main adults who would like this game are ones like me who grew up playing it. The only concern I have for kids is one race called “Delinquent Road Hazards”, which is where Lightning is bullied by four punk neon cars, and those same cars come later after that and steal Lightning’s gear from Mack’s trailer, but Lightning gets his gear back and they are ultimately brought to justice. Also, Chick Hicks is another bully who is cocky and never seems to develop a friendship with Lightning, even though this story takes place after the movie. Even with all that said, I still recommend it to kids and older. Despite Wingo, Boost, DJ, Snot Rod, and Chick being antagonists of the game, there are still plenty of positive role models for children to follow, like Lightning, Mater, Sally, Doc, and everyone else from Radiator Springs. This will always be a classic game for me.

chilled

a nice chilled out racer with rockabilly music also keyboard maping is good

good for kids

Not better than the film but hey i like it a lot.

A fun favorite

My 9 year old daughter loves this game...and so does her dad! It doesn't teach anything per se, but it's bright, fun and harmless, which can be hard to find these days. I have a younger child (6 years) who has trouble working the controls and eventually gave up, so I would concur with the CS age guideline.

Zip over to Cars

This is a good game based on a great movie. That is truly a rare combination. The game allows free exploration of a world, so even younger kids with less developed motor skills (ahem) can enjoy this one. There is some name calling (like "stupid") in there which is unfortunate, but the rest of the game and all of the mini-games are brilliant. Adults and kids will like this one and can play together.