Kid reviews for Firewatch

Firewatch Poster Image

Amazing Game

Very fun game, amazing storyline and characters. I gave this a 14+ because there was a lot of swearing, few sexual references and alcohol.

Tame Content Great Game

I love the art direction, and sound scape that really sucks you in. The game is relatively easy to grasp and it's quite intriguing. Asided from the frequent use of words like fuck and shit and the mild sexual references and drug reference it's pretty tame and is suitable for most teenagers and older kids

Fantastic game with stunning visuals and a comfy story

This game is about getting away from life’s problems. You play as Henry, a married man who’s wife has caught early onset dementia. After failing to take care of her yourself, you decide to take a job to firewatch in the forest. There you meet Delilah, your boss. Who reminds you of your wife when she remembered you. This game looks stunning. It doesn’t look realistic, but the almost cartoony graphics pared with the amazing lighting make this feel like the most beautiful game. The game is very easy to pick up and play. It isn’t hard at all, more like playing a movie than playing a video game. The characters Henry and Delilah at one point get particularly frisky over the phone. As well as sexual innuendos thrown in here and there. There is also a point in the story where you need to stop two nudie teenagers from setting off fireworks. Their underwear is strewn across the trees but no nudity is shown. Drinking is referenced frequently. Your character drinks to forget his problems, picks up beer cans, and talks about whiskey. A lot. There are many points where characters get drunk. Swearing is very frequent. Almost every 10 seconds there’s a curse word. The writing in this game is great because these characters feel like real people. The swearing is justified. Not to mention how funny the dynamic between the two characters is. All the more adding to the sense of comfort when playing this game. Overall this is a great game about getting away from problems. At the end of the game, Henry needs to eventually confront his problems back home. Just like players who pick up the game to get away from their own problems, eventually need to put it down and confront them. Just like Henry.

Beautiful and interesting

I love this game! The art is stunning, there's a massive open world, and there's a great storyline. I got it when I was about 10, and even though there's a lot of swearing and drinking, this is probably okay for most kids if they're mature enough.

Great story but a lot of adult themes

Firewatch is a game about leaving the comforts of the modern world to spend a summer in nature. Though that may sound like it is a fine game for kids but the thing catching the hook is that you play as adults having adult conversations that may not be good for a young player to experience. It contains a large amount of cursing but not much more than f and s. It also contains a little talk of nudity as one part of the game you have to stop drunk pyromaniacs from shooting fireworks in the forest. Near the begining and end of the game than the story gets intense/a bit sad with Henry's wife has Alzheimer's and at the end than you find a missing kid and his father who had your job in the game three years ago. Contains talk about alcohol and empty beer cans and whiskey. it also is somewhat unsettling during the game at some points thanks to the soundtrack and story. Other than those I feel like in a short sentence that this game has a great story and has adult themes throughout the game. As long as your kid has been exposed to these themes before than it should be fine and the characters in the game are very likable and you will not regret playing this game.

swear is all

I think this game has a lot of swearing in it and I don't think kids under 10 years of age are supposed to experience such cursive language but in other things than language this game is a very good adventure game and a good game for kids to experience adventure and true nature protecting and tracking skills.

Great Game!

The only thing you should be concerned of when playing this game is the language. A lot of language. There isn't much violence except for ** SPOILER AHEAD** a decayed body deep in a cave. It is not gory but you see bones and ripped clothes. Most of the body is under rocks. The art style is gorgeous and the music is amazing. As long as you can handle bad language you will be fine.

Surprisingly mature.

I had 10 dollars to spare, and this was on sale, so I decided to buy. Age Rating: I rate 16+, even though I'm 12. This was too mature for me. Violence: Not much. Your character is hit in the back of the head by someone behind you, skeletons, etc. 1/10. Sexual Content: There was a drawing at the beginning of the game showing the main character (Henry) nude, teenage girls are supposedly nude, but no nude parts were shown, Delila acts flirty at one part. 7/10 Language: Constant swearing, including F*ck. Funny how Furi says f*ck once and gets an 18+ rating, and Firewatch says it nearly every sentence and gets a 14+ rating. Swearing makes the characters in Firewatch seem more realistic. 8.5/10 Consumerism: 0/10 Drugs, Drinking & smoking: Not much, there are some mild references and whiskey on the ground. 2.5/10 How good is it: Okay. It's okay. The story is amazing, so is the voice acting and graphics. The devs just gave up at the end, though. The story is 2 and a half - 3 hours long, and the gameplay is just walking and interacting to objects, occasionally responding to Delilah through your walkie-talkie. Game is overpriced (20 USD) 6/10

Sex and Language

Common Sense Media says it has no sex. Not true. Terms like "laying down" reference towards sex, and there is an image of a man naked with genitals shown (penis). Also, lots of f**k, s**t, and several other swears. But despite a rough outside, the game has sweet themes of family, hope, and letting new friends into your life. I think older teens will find a real joy inside the world of Firewatch that other games can't offer.