All teen and kid member reviews for Halo 4

Teen, 17 years old Written byDavid2368 November 6, 2012

LEARNING

Better than the other games

Something that I have come to love about the "Halo" seriese is that the profanity has seemed to decrease throughout the series. For example, Halo 1(alot of profanity) Halo2(Not to much) Halo 3(barely any) Halo: Reach(Mabye one or two words, and Halo 4(This game, has none). This to me is by far the best Halo game I have ever played, and is better than any other FPS(First Person Shooter) out there today. There is no profanity or gore in this game and the only violence is blue blood from the alians(There is red blood if you shoot your own team mates, but the game will penalize you if you choose to attack your own team). I give this game a 9 out of 10 (because of minor fake blood).

Teen, 14 years old Written bytruth about gaming15 November 6, 2012

AWESOME!!

this game is not AT ALL as bad as commonsense says it is. It is no worse than the rest of the halo series. I would say its good for kids ages 11 and up because there is some blood not to bad most blood is blue or green

Teen, 13 years old Written byTactical Vigilance November 22, 2012

LEARNING

I think I can be the mediator here.Not for kids my

ok so I made this account just for Halo 4 and Halo 4 is an OVERWHELMING SUCCESS.The great thing about CSM is that the users are not harsh like Youtube or Facebook.The "dramatic beating animations" have been in Halo Reach 2 years ago get your facts straight.The biggest human violence you see is some CG cutscene where some civilians get stabbed(without blood spray),if you detach a turret and REPEATEDLY shoot someone in multiplayer then yes you will see a big pile of blood.However the game is very fast paced so unless you are in a remote spot you will run away before getting sniped.The multiplayer is exciting and you don't die so fast like in Call Of Duty(gore) which frustrates you.Halo has vehicles.Halo has a new engine.The most minor problems are that the effects in the game ENVIRONMENT ONLY are lacking.For kids the game is a little hard but if you play with a friend on easy or normal you will have a good time.Teens that are pro play on legendary difficulty to play longer and see the protagonist face!Multiplayer requires gold account which is kind of annoying unless you have lots of money.Virtually no sex or language in this game.Halo sold 220 million on one console alone,if it was on PC and PS3 it would make 660 million,more than the 500 million Black Ops 2 made.But too bad it could have it least been on PC too.So go buy it!The game plays out like a PG-13 movie.Or if darker then TV-14 but if a parent watches then it won't look that bad to them.As for education,well there is sometimes military jargon or high school vocab you can explain to your kid.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytrolololking November 10, 2012

Not Bad

This game doesnt have any bad stuff at all. just a little violence and alien blood. There is a little red blood when you shoot your teammates but why would you do that. You can definitely let your kids play this.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjjfromhh November 12, 2012

LEARNING

Good

Its a good game, for what I know, but It really is not vilent at all compared to say AC3 or MCA, and has a good feeling to it, even though the commercials I saw made it look dark. I think its fine f0r 7+

Kid, 12 years old Written byRobratch November 14, 2012

Amazing. I'd rate it "E10+"

Best video game ever! Call of Duty sucks get this instead! Halo games are actually worth the money unlike CoD. There may be some scary images for young children, but my 4-year old brother plays this with me sometimes! I don't have the slightest clue as to why Common Sense would rate this "Not for Kids". Even parents prefer Halo over Call of Duty!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbe1998 November 15, 2012

Halo 4 is really good! Don't listen to the Common Sense Media review

"Not for kids?!" Are you kidding, CSM?! That is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard (video game wise!) Halo 4 is no more violent than the other Halo games! There was only one part on Halo 4 that I think was slightly more on the disturbing side, which is when a woman deteriorates after an energy blast, exposing layers of muscle tissue. The CSM review said, "For the first time in this series, melee kills sometimes result in the camera pulling back to show a more cinematic shot of the Master Chief violently beating his opponent to death." THAT IS NOT TRUE! Melee kills were first used in HALO: REACH! The only thing I agreed with in the CSM review was that Cortana's body did seem a little more noticeable than in the other games, but it's not anything to worry about. She's not portrayed in a sexual way, nor does she act sensual or do anything inappropriate. The language is uncommon but fairly moderate (Cortana calls someone a "condescending b---h," and "s" word is used occasionally, but not very commonly at all.) In some ways, Halo 4's campaign had a different vibe than the other Halo games (not necessarily in a bad way, but it was odd for me, and it left me slightly wanting more.) I think it would have possibly been a little better in certain areas if it would have been made by Bungie, but it's still an awesome game! Good storyline, strong characters, great voice acting, and a really fun multiplayer make this worth buying! Bravo 343 :) I'd say 8 or 9/10.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicGuy99 November 11, 2012

This is what you should know:

Well, I played nearly halfway through it, and is not nearly as bad as what people seem to say it is like. It is true that there is some minor language and yes there is some blood, but 95% of the blood in this game are from aliens. As for letting your kid play the game, It all depends on what the kid is like. This is WAY more appropriate than the Call of Duty series and most Rated M games out there.

Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

Alien Blood

Halo 4 is just about shooting aliens really. There are no really gory moments and I haven't heard bad language. The aliens blood is a random colour so its not that realistic. Though it's a great game!

Kid, 12 years old Written byKaPow75 March 22, 2013

It's not innapropriate

Halo isn't a bad game, and it's pretty fun, I've had halo 4 since it came out and there is no swearing, barely any blood, and you are most of the time killing aliens instead of humans. Also, It isn't as bad as call of duty or any of those games. The game has great graphics and is totally worth buying, and it is one of the first m rated games I got, should be rated 10+.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysharkking09 December 3, 2012

LEARNING

STOP!!!!!!! read this. trust me, i know what i'm talking about.

I've been an avid gamer for almost thirteen years. I own Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Star Wars Games, every E game you can imagine and more- i've played just about every kind of game there is. Halo, however, is by far one of THE BEST gaming series i've ever played.
Many websites call this game really graphic with lots of blood and profanity. The truth is, that's because of the M title. Now forget about the M title, it should be T. This game has EXTREMELY minimal red blood, and only a little bit of alien blood (i.e. blue, green). And as far as language, I've almost beaten this game and I can't remember a single cuss word.
So, if your one of those parents who won't let their ten year old child get this game just because of the M title, then your kid will be left out because Halo is popular, and your kid will be like me- I had to wait until I was twelve to start playing these games because my mom was VERY paranoid (my dad snuck Halo 3 under the christmas tree :3 ).
So, remember. I know what I'm talking about, and this game shoudl have a T rating.

Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2012

Halo 4 Rated M or Rated T

I think the game Halo 4 has a fair amount of violence I compare this game to another game named arkham city this game is rated T and has much more violence than Halo 4,Halo 4 only has language and violence all though arkham city has drugs,blood,violence,and language I think this could be appropriate for kids 10 years.But I think it's better for a kid 11 and up to play this game.Halo is a sci-fiction game where humans in armor try killing aliens not humans.

Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

16.

WHAT THE HECK. Another inaccurate rating by Common Sense Media.I mean, here in the UK Halo 4 is rated 16. And It should have the 16 rating on common sense media.

Teen, 13 years old Written byListen to my comment March 12, 2013

Please read.

First the review made by commonsense was wrong. Yes you kill a lot. But blood is not nearly as bad as they say. Very little and soon it will dissapear along with the body's. Yes there are assassinations (the thing they called beating to death) But it does not like they say. First they make it sound like all you do punch some guy in the face with blood squirting out like call of duty with a camera following it showing all of it. Its not. Camera just zooms out and shows you quickly knifing him (Looks like you just punched him in the neck) quickly then he falls over dead with no blood. Yes there are some ways that you can assassinate that you snap his neck but all it is is you grabbing his head and twisting it in like 3 seconds. (search YouTube for assassination videos.) And this game is actually better then halo reach. (less cussing less violent assassinations.) Yes they do promote online use because it is there biggest money making part of the game. Yes they cuss a lot. Just turn of voice chat. (no other type of talking if you do that) And only 1 review saying it is not for kids. (a 16 year old anti violence chick) Yes guns that shoot bullets. But does it make a difference if you kill someone with a gun that shoots plasma or bullets? Oh yes assassinations where used in halo reach. And they are only used some times. Yes you can punch someone to death with melee but all it is is seeing your person swing his gun at another person and there shields dissapear. Then another hit will kill them and they fall over dead with no blood or freakish killing. Halo is the best First person shooter to get a kid. No cussing, or gore, not much blood, And other ones have more graphic melee kills with blood pouring out and massive murder.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGav21CF November 17, 2012

Halo 4 Rocks!!!!

this Halo is nowhere near as violent as the others. That's the only thing that's bad about it. But it shouldn't be M. The blood is blue and yellow and there's nothing else wrong with it. This game should be T.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXxSupremeSkierxX November 14, 2012

Not Bad At All

This game is definitely not that bad. Sure, there is the video that zooms out and shows Master Chief beating his opponent to death, but that was also in Halo: Reach. It is no worse than Reach, and probably better, since this game includes a feature of being able to SHUT OFF BLOOD. This is good if you don't want your kids seeing this kind of things. There are no swear words through the entire game, and though Cortana is involved in a lot of detailed cut scenes, it is obvious that the game designers meant to make her a computer program.. This game is much better in terms of violence than Halo: Reach.

Kid, 12 years old Written bystef.5 April 12, 2013

This is obviously the best halo game yet. In Halo 4 master chief is on a mission to destroy the evil robotic Promethean army. The game does defiantly not deserve an M rating as there is hardly any violence or blood in it, except for the alien blood (which you can switch off).

This is a great game for kids 12 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysupersonic7896 November 16, 2012

all i need to say is if this game got t like it should have they would have reviewed it differently

Teen, 16 years old Written byMaster Mechanic November 19, 2012

Great game, not nearly as inappropriate as media claims.

I disagree with other reviews saying this is allowed for 10+. it is no where near as bad as other rated M games but it does have its violence. cussing isnt a problem as mastercheif swears close to none. there is VERY little gore which is from the aliens that bleed (which looks like blue paint to me) very little. i would say kids 13+ should be able to play.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGenericUsername November 18, 2012

<Facepalm> CommonSense

CommonSense has once again made a very inaccurate parenting for Halo 4. It's an excellent game. But it's nowhere near as violent as what CommonSense says. All the time your shooting alien's (excluding multiplayer) and the blood is green and blue. Halo 2 has the most blood out of all. Spartan Ops you are still shooting aliens. Multiplayer, you are killing other players, but the weapons are so alien-ish (except for human weapons) that it kinda balances out. But there's barely any blood when you kill someone (read my COD BLOPS 2 review for more details). Overall, it's very non-violent. More of a T game then a full on M game.