Parent reviews for Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians Poster Image

Dear reader,

I am writing this review about the most beautiful game me and my 11 year old son have played. This game is not violent in anyways except eliminations (which are easily avoided) also I would say destiny is more violent. Thank you for reading this review, Ian

Beautiful Game, Beautiful Story

While many parents may be saying how inappropriate the Halo series is, Halo 5: Guardians is unlike any game in the Halo franchise. Of course this game has nearly the same controls as other Halo games along with nearly similar firearms. This game is rather ingenius more than inappropriate. I'll have to say it's great for any child 10 years of age or above. This also (in my opinion) is a 5-star video game.

1 person found this helpful.

Finally CSM rated a halo game right

CSM has said that all the other halo games are for 16+ or 18+ and esrb gives one a T rating and they say its good for 13+. This game's violence about the same as Destiny's, killing aliens with various guns. occasionally they spurt a little bit of blue blood. Almost no language.(they say "damn" or "hell" a few times) Great gameplay, albeit the plot is a little lacking.(I won't give anything away) Overall this game is great for tweens and teens.

Let them play!

A great game. My children were engaged and loved it. Nothing really inappropriate and great story!

1 person found this helpful.

Great game but has some violence

Any kid who is 9 or older should be able to handle this game. There is no sexual stuff or swear words so this game is not a very mature game.

Some gore

This game is great. The campaign isn’t as good as previous halos, but the multiplayer is best in series. Now I put 12+ because there are assassinations in the game were you can twist someone’s neck, stab them repeatedly, stick them with a grenade and throw them, step on their faces,etc. You can choose assassinations in the Spartan ID area. There is minimal swear words such as damn and hell, but otherwise none. There is an in game mic system which a teammate can use a mic. But there is barely anyone with a mic and it is scarce. Returning to the assassinations, there are vids on yt that show them all, if you want to check them out. There is blood in the game as it spurts when you shoot someone or an AI enemy. You can also shoot dead bodies and blood comes out. There is a micro transaction system. I also recommend playing the previous halos before this as it gives the game reference. Th are no real role models.

Kid loved it

I gave this to my kid and he loves it he is always talking to his friends about this game must buy for tweens!!!

Well...

Ok so if you want Halo for it's campaign, DO NOT PLAY THIS. you barely play as master chief, and Cortana has gone rogue. Your teammates are total idiots, like they charge at and enemy without any weapons kind of idiots, so the only option is to play co op if you want to get anywhere. The only good thing i can say about this game is it's online gaming, cuz there are a bunch of modes. violence is not bad, some blood. All in all, if you want to play Halo, find another one.

best game ever

good for kids of all ages and good for adults too

Great game

It is overall a great, fun, game! Not too much violence. Barely any blood.