Kid reviews for Halo Wars

Halo Wars Poster Image

good game when playing with other people

the game is mostly dead but when you get to play with other people it can be stressful or it can be a fun experience because when playing with 3 or 5 other people it requires teamwork, communication, strategy, and skill.

1 person found this helpful.

Fun game

Fun real-time strategy game. Gameplay is okay for an 8-year-old. Cutscenes are the only scary thing in this game that may scare younger audiences. One character gets held by the neck by an alien. Has more realistic violence than the gameplay.

It's fine for kids, but not a great game.

This game isn't a great in most areas. If you want to play an rts, there are way better and more complex ones out there. Only get it if you are a halo fan or you don't have a good pc. The story is a little generic, but entertaining. The cut scenes are beautiful, you can enjoy them and understand the overall plot if you aren't a halo fan. There is a little profanity, but it is very mild, and I don't remember it having any blood or gore. A few aliens get stabbed, but it isn't very graphic. Buy it for the campaign.

you cant get the first skull on this game that or it doesn't work for me

i like it but the skull thing annoyed me so much i'm done

Game Review

Halo Wars is a strategy game. There is a tutorial to teach new gamers about the game. The game is fun but I don't like the controls on the Xbox controller. There is violence but no gore. There is DLC but it is optional to purchase them.

has more bad language than Halo Reach

its not the best halo but its good. it can be hard at some points. there is not a lot of violence, to me the best halo is reach.

Good-not great, real time strategy game.

This is not your average violent M rated halo game. It puts you on a birds-eye-view of the fighting which makes a significant impact on the violence, making it minimal. Also mild language may appear.

halo not-a-bad

the chareters swear frequently but no extremly bad swearing you cant see blood much but they'er are times when there is blood.

halo wars

I think 9 and up because the blood is grean and purple

Okay.......

Let's say your child ways Halo 4,Destiny or Halo Reach. You say no because 2 out of the 3 are rated M,and they are all violent. After researching,you find out there is a Teen Halo game. You think to yourself, "Now I can be happy and so can my child!!!Everybody wins!!" This is what happened in my family. I wanted Halo 4, and instead I was allowed to buy Halo Wars. Half excited, I popped it in my 360.I played the tutorial and first mission and I was like,"Yay!!!" But after that it just got REALLY CONFUSING and very boring. It is not a fun game, and I learned that the hard way.If your kid wants A DIFFERENT Halo game, they really are not too bad and after playing Halo 4 at my friend's house, they are easy(sort of). Or,try Destiny, a Teen game that is like Halo. I would give Halo Wars 3 stars. I would most likely not recommend it.