All teen and kid member reviews for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Challenging, but fun.

Card-battling takes a while to get used to, but most will get the hang of it in a short time. This game is fun, addictive, and best of all, challenging, but not overly so. My only dislike about this game is how the cut-scenes (dialogue, etc.) are very lengthy and full of fluff. Otherwise, this is a great game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChaosBringer April 9, 2008

A dissappointment

I'm a huge fan of KH, so I was excited for this gamr. It was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as KH 1 and 2, mainly because of the card-battle system, which takes a long time to get used to. Buy it to understand the story, then play KH2 (the best PS2 game ever).

Teen, 13 years old Written byduchessofdance94 April 9, 2008

It was pretty good...

This game was pretty good, it can really keep your interest but I found it to be somewhat confusing.

Kid, 12 years old Written bymeepo32 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bytruememories April 9, 2008

pretty good

its a good game but i really didnt like the card battling i would have rather had it fighting like in the 1st and 2nd kingdom hearts games because it is better fighting

Teen, 13 years old Written byDr. RPG April 9, 2008

Good RPG

I enjoyed this game's thick plotline as well as the gameplay. I found the battle style very unique in the sense that it tries to combine the best aspects of virtually every battle system. It was quite a challenge, admittedly. I found myself playing bosses numerous times before finally defeating them, but that made victory all the more enjoyable. I also liked that there are two versions of the game, the default one and the one you unlock after beating the default. I did not like concept of assmebling decks, though, for although I appreciate games which take strategy to win, I found that this consumed too much time and had too many specific requirements and limitations. Violence is entirely fantasy and minimal at that. The only reason I would not recommend it for players as young as six is that I fear they would not be able to grasp the storyline as well as slightly older players. Depending on the child's reading comprehension skills, the age at which they would be ready for this game varies. If you're into RPG's like me, pick up this game.

Kid, 11 years old Written bysokleap_koy@yahoo.co April 9, 2008

a fun game for kids

i think the game kingdom of hearts is a good game for kids because it involves disney characters like the friendly mickeymouse wich is like the king of disney.well there is one thing i kinda left out they tag along with some characters from finale fantasy.well you want to know what i think about that 'i think that is what makes this game so much for kids to play.

Kid, 12 years old Written byHervin April 9, 2008

Good Game

This is a really good game, esacially that it gives you a LOT of filler for the second game, so I do recommend buying if. I don't really like the gameplay, like how you attack and use magic it's a little frustrating.

Kid, 12 years old Written byneopuppyblew April 9, 2008

Excellent!

I love this game! I only got this to fill in some things from KH2 (and for pure enjoyment). Younger kids might not get the storyline, it's kind of confusing. You also have to use a card-based fighting style, which is confusing for me (I just mash the 'a' button and see how far I go). Some boss battles are difficult and make me change my deck so I could progress through the storyline. This game is not just one game, but two! When you beat the game as Sora, you could play as somebody else! That means you get to see the story in a whole new perspective.
Ok, here's the basic review:
1. This game is complicated. Some younger kids might not understand the storyline and gameplay.
2. Language is mild and one character uses 'hell' once in the game.
3. Violence is not a big issue. You whack a heartless until it fades away.
4. The storyline is excellent if you are old enough to understand it.
5. *SPOILER* The main character (Sora) forgives a girl (Namine) for messing around with his memories (he couldn't remember very much, and Namine replaced a lot of his true memories with false ones).
6. *SPOILER* Sora keeps trying to help his friend ("Riku"), even though "Riku" says he doesn't want his help and attacks him.

I would reccomend this game for anyone 10+

Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

Perfectly appropriate for kids, but more people than kids will enjoy it.

This is a very entertaining game, and this series is one of the most original things I've ever seen. There's nothing negative worth mentioning; there's some mild fantasy violence and very infrequent use of the mildest language. It's appropriate for everyone, but ages under six probably wouldn't grasp the concept of the game or be able to read some of the words used in game text. I would argue that some aspects are educational, with the game requiring reading skills as well as effective strategy and problem-solving skills. The game values friendship and respect for life, as well as displaying many positive role models. The game is fairly easy to play, as well, granted that you are old enough to have developed some basic reasoning skills. The game is also one of the few E-rated games that I will actually still play.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywolflink777 May 21, 2011

The Best of Kingdom Hearts

This game is easy to play, fun, and combines everyones favorite Disney characters with a plot line about memories and friendship by manga characters. Fighting is more like a card battle since you collect and use various cards to fight. Best of the Kingdom Hearts series and easy game play.